Trip Report Video - Diving the Fury Shoals (Egypt) from Wadi Lahami, Red Sea Diving Safari

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What bothers you about it? (Reason I ask is that I am going to be staying a hotel in Hurghada in February with full board, want to know the concerns please).
In my experience, they often serve the same dishes everyday. So when it comes to choice, the first day is great, but at the end of the week the buffet super boring. I also experienced (at other resorts) a lot of dishes being tasteless, too salt and/ or overcooked (vegetables). Boring compared to, for example, Indonesian food/ buffet.

On top of that, when it comes to buffets in general, I don't like the "all you can eat mentality", with quantity over quality.

But at Wadi Lahami I liked the food. Less choice per day (it's a small resort), but more variety during the week.

Great video!
I'm considering a solo trip to Wadi Lahami. Would you recommend it?
Did you stay in a tent?
How were the accommodations and guides?
TIA
Definitly recommended. Accomodation is basic. Dont expect much in Egypt unless you are in a 5 star resort.
Tent might be ok during winter but in the summer you would like like to be in a chalet. Guides are great, everybody is both friendly and professional. Dive operations are with no problems. Safety is good.

Definitly recommended. Accomodation is basic. Dont expect much in Egypt unless you are in a 5 star resort.
Tent might be ok during winter but in the summer you would like like to be in a chalet. Guides are great, everybody is both friendly and professional. Dive operations are with no problems. Safety is good.

Have you been there yourself?

Get a flight to London from the U.S. and then connect onto one of the charter flights to Hurghada - EasyJet etc. - or use Turkish Air via Istanbul direct to Hurghada.
I'm flying tomorrow, and rather than use TUI, EasyJet etc I always fly Turkish Airways via Istanbul into Hurghada. Much nicer flight, great baggage allowance etc, and Istanbul is a great airport for a few hours layover (Business class lounge is great) lots of shops, very modern, very clean, baggage gets checked straight through, and the transfer security is V quick, I'm usually straight through, never a queue, done in 10 mins inc walking there.

I'm flying tomorrow, and rather than use TUI, EasyJet etc I always fly Turkish Airways via Istanbul into Hurghada. Much nicer flight, great baggage allowance etc, and Istanbul is a great airport for a few hours layover (Business class lounge is great) lots of shops, very modern, very clean, baggage gets checked straight through, and the transfer security is V quick, I'm usually straight through, never a queue, done in 10 mins inc walking there.
The Turkish Airways option is becoming quite popular now.

If there is Turkish Airline to a destination Im going, I always prefer it over any airline. But I must say the audience sometimes can be a bit challenging. I prefer far back in the plane(they usually pack everyone to the front and all crying babies etc… are there), if I cant get business.

If there is Turkish Airline to a destination Im going, I always prefer it over any airline. But I must say the audience sometimes can be a bit challenging. I prefer far back in the plane(they usually pack everyone to the front and all crying babies etc… are there), if I cant get business.
Business was empty on my last trip. Out of Hurghada it was me and one other diver, out of Istanbul into London there were 5 or 6 of us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom