VIDEO from 1/30/05 Los Coronado's Lobster Shack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sjspeck:
That is such a great dive, we dove there once with two other divers, while we got back on the boat one turned to the other and said: What the H*** did you want pulling my fin all those times? But his buddy was about 30' away the whole time, it was a sea lion, but none of us ever saw it.

thats great. I have to get myself out to CA sometime to see these guys.

tx.lakerats:
Looks great... recommend any dive operators for this trip?
Sunday was the very first time I went there (actually my first boat trip outside of San Diego since moving down here) and we went with DCI (Dive Connections, Inc). We had a great time, the captain and DM were both great, they provided drinks, sandwiches, soup, chips, and snacks between the two dives. They don't have a compressor on board but provide two Al80s/diver, but you can bring your own tanks if you prefer. I wish we could have done three dives and wished they had a compressor, but no worries, it was a great time! I can't wait to head back there and dive some other spots as well :) The best thing is that its so close to San Diego!!

gerardnealon:
awesome video, are those sea lions very friendly?? They look it!!
This was my first experience with them and they seemed very friendly. Their boldness increased on the second dive (as witnessed by the sea lion which buzzed Sean! :)) but we never felt they would have harmed us.

Thanks PNL, thats some great footage!

PnL,

Really enjoyed your video, it has even inspired me to consider Los Coronados for my upcoming trip next month. One question, can you share what camera set up and housing you are using, and what software? Just curious as I really like your results and am considering some purchases.

Mike

Mike - I'm using a Sony PC120 in an Ocean Images Housing and use Premiere Pro 1.5 for my NLE software. If I had to do it again I would buy a housing which can accept different lenses (wetmount or otherwise). The Ocean Images housing comes with either a normal port or with a WAL. The WAL is great for wide angle shots but is not ideal for true macro, although I can get pretty close when I use the zoom (which I don't like to use too often). But for the price of the housing, which has electronic controls to the menu system and most functions of the camera (i.e, can control WB, focus, zoom, photo, exposure, etc), I don't think it can be beat. I'd recommend it highly, although I'm still a newbie with underwater video. Having great visibility and willing subjects (sea lions) makes it a whole lot easier :wink:

Paul

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom