Video light up to 300$US ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmm that sounds good! I'll be using mostly with a Wide Angle lens.

Looks like two of those would be enough right? Which arms would you recommend for the Canon 6D Ikelite housing?
Kinda depends.. bit generally the wider apart the better. . Around "standard" dual 5" X 8" or longer i would say.. but im no pro at video....yet :wink:

Hmm that sounds good! I'll be using mostly with a Wide Angle lens.

Looks like two of those would be enough right? Which arms would you recommend for the Canon 6D Ikelite housing?

Depends on tray, but ball and clamp arms are stable. you can DIY a light holder to YS ball connector see: the D32VR thread. I have made some 3/4" LocLine arms for SRP tray but haven't tried out yet. Here is illustration of ball and arm YS system. Needed to make an adapter to attach the Ikelite case (2 # 12 screws) to SRP tray but you can get the idea. Here using a 120 degree 1800L BigBlue and 1KL 80 dgr Tovatec as focus light
[video=vimeo;83079079]http://vimeo.com/83079079[/video]

You might want to look at the LaLuz 1000 for $179 out of Hong Kong. It will be slightly more if you order the spare battery (which I would recommend). Sometimes you can get them to throw in the spare battery on the ebay website. I have one of the earlier 800 lumen lights and the 1000. I have been happy with both. Very well constructed and easy to use for a very good price. See www.laluzoptics.com

If budget is a major concern I suggest you make a "watch list" of several different brands and models and then keep your eye out on eBay and Craigslist. I picked up a slightly older Sealife Digital Flash un-used for $25. Top technology no way...but it will do everything I want it to.

Well I took at look at eBay and the cheapest one seems to be the Archon d32vr.

I guess with 2 of those I'll be okay?

I didn't really understand the answers regarding the arms for these lights, using the Ikelite Housing for the Canon 6D. Can someone suggest some arms with a link?

Thanks for the suggestion smoore, but I think the Archon d32vr is more powerful and less expensive.

Good choise !
8244b901bb797a87a0b574d1a7e851dd.jpg

Here yo get an idea of how i mounted mine to a 1"ball.. used a stainless steel piping rubber clamp and a ys--> 1" ball adapter.

---------- Post added November 1st, 2014 at 02:11 PM ----------

For long video arms check out i-das. Can be found on ebay. Lightweight and affordable. With good "wide angle" clamps :)

It's sorta an individualized thing, you can get ball and arm and clamps parts from several sites. Attached are pics from Ikelite rig and some DIY LocLine arms. I make the light holders out of 1/8" aluminium strips and bicycle inner tube & SS screws from Lowes. Flex arm is another choice but need tray attachment and light attachment (Aluminium strip works great for light-Think Ikeite has a flex arm connector)

Attachments

• DSCN1370.jpg
    DSCN1370.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 56
  • dscn1861.jpg
    dscn1861.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 50
  • DSCN1865.jpg
    DSCN1865.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 50
Are you wanting this/these lights for daytime video or nighttime video? I am using 2 L&M SOLA 1200 lights, and in the Caribbean you still have to get within about 5 feet for them to start to have effect, and you need to be within about 2 feet for full effect of giving natural color to what you're shooting.

I haven't gotten to use these lights at night yet, but I have used a single HID 10W can light at night and a single light can really make a huge difference even from many meters away.

I will add that you need to get an UW filter to add color back into shots. Leave the filter on even when shooting with video lights. You have to get within 1 foot for it to begin to become too red and thats really not needed unless you are trying to shoot something like nudis.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom