Video light up to 300$US ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be shooting during the day.

I'm thinking on getting 2 ARCHON D32VR videolights but I still can't figure out which arms to get for the Ikelite Housing for the Sony RX-100 II

I would rather buy one already made then a do a DIY

Hey Durarte,
Did you end up getting the ARCHON D32VR? How are they?

I am also looking at lights and found the Archon D11V and DRIS Impact Stubby Dive Light.
Anyone used these?

I probably have a few more than that, however, will need to take care of or replace batteries after about a year
I agree that that will loose some amount of power over time yeah, but still haven't swaped any of the batteries i got for mine, and been around two years now i belive.. (thats cold water diving 100+ dives a year, with the light with me pretty much every dive). Offcours it will vary with brands.

Hey Durarte,
Did you end up getting the ARCHON D32VR? How are they?

I am also looking at lights and found the Archon D11V and DRIS Impact Stubby Dive Light.
Anyone used these?

Yes I did get them. I haven't dive yet but I did a night snorkel with them and they are POWERFUL!

The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't have an ON/OFF switch, so you have to rotate the bottom of the flashlight to turn it on and off

Yes I did get them. I haven't dive yet but I did a night snorkel with them and they are POWERFUL!

The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't have an ON/OFF switch, so you have to rotate the bottom of the flashlight to turn it on and off
I think some people view the twist on/off as more reliable/durable than switches for underwater operations. IIRC, George Irvine mentioned that DIR backup lights had to be twist on/off with no switches in one of the old DIR videos. Its simplicity could also help keep costs and sales prices down while giving the user better durability and reliability. I do not mind that my Archon DIV11's are twist on/off with double orings sealing it. It's a proven, very sturdy and simple design.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom