video of a dive on the King Cruiser wreck Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

redcaretta

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Here's a video I took on a beautiful days diving on the King Cruiser wreck. For a change we had practically no current, great vis and just a cracking dive all round. You'll have to excuse the lack of professional quality as I took the video with my Canon Powershot digital camera but I still get pretty good results I think :) What do you think??? The King Cruiser was a car & passenger ferry that serviced Koh Phi Phi & Phuket and she sank on May 4 1997 after hitting a submerged rock which is another dive site nearby known as Anemone reef. She lies between 18-33m and is 85m long by 25m wide. No lives were lost during the incident and now Phi Phi has a great wreck dive next door to Anemone Reef and another dive site Shark Point. These 3 sites are generally dived in one on what is known locally as a Superday. This was pretty super too! Here's the link; http://www.theaquaplanet.com/view_video.php?viewkey=751cf3f247855f937b98 I hope you enjoy it... Cheers

Its always a treat to see new footage of wreck dives...thanks for sharing. :D

Fun to see this. I dove the King Cruiser in 2001... well, kind of. My DM misread the tide charts and we hit the wreck with plenty of current and very little vis. She wanted to penetrate... I did not. Thought I'd "lost" her when she did. Afterwards we got blown off the wreck by the current. Despite this, I surfaced with a smile. She told me she knew I would. If you could look at her face, you'd understand why! Inner beauty too.

Thanks for the comments so far guys...

Afterwards we got blown off the wreck by the current

This happens often on that site because of where she lies. There is generally always a current hitting her in some direction but we got lucky that day and managed to do a full circumnavigation :D Even in a current I always surface with a smile as everydive there is great for me. Even in a strong curent you can find a nice spot to hide and I'm happy if I'm looking at Dancing shrimp for 40 mins!!

Some of the wreck has collapsed and there is not as much penetration as there used to be I believe but there are some nice swim throughs in good conditions.

Glad you enjoyed it...

Thanks

Pretty much exactly as I remember her from about a year and a half ago. she was my first "wreck" dive, I had a blast...

Thanks for bringing back some great memories!

Z...

Back
Top Bottom