Video: SCUBA Failure at 80 Feet, Yesterday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What a great vid. (is that an old 109?) ya know you can exhale into glove to speak. Works pretty well.

Yes on both accounts... as long as it is an impervious glove with no leaks, it works pretty well. I used to do that with my wife years ago, now for some reason, she really doesn't seem to care what I'm trying to say.

...Neither do the rest of us.

I'm sorry, I'm just kidding. I couldn't help myself... You set that up so nicely... :)

Seriously, I'm joking. :D

Man, I'm in this mood tonight...

I loved the video! and you have to be a proud dad of such a great dive buddy. hope you two have lots of successful dives together. And I have to admit, that i don't think i've ever heard anyone as vocal as you and even your son taking his reg out and talking. impressive that he is so calm in everything.

Sorry, Roger... I thought someone had already resolved that issue for you...

Here ya go: Scuba Failure at 80 feet - YouTube

(Not everyone's browser/computer will read the "yt" tags to allow them to see the embedded video. Those browsers need an actual link to click on.)

Thanks...Yeah he did a great job, I came up saying "you saved my life 2 times" (or was it three)... LOL As for the eel, the last thing you would want to do is shoot an eel. It would be a huge problem.

Generally a decent poke is all it takes to get one of those eels to go back into his, hole; it is pretty rare for them to even come all the way out like that really. I would strongly suspect that people have been feeding that eel which endangers the eel (and other divers).
Never saw an eel act so aggressively.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice video, DD ... posted in the wrong forum, though. This one should be in the "how to avoid having an accident" forum. Some nice examples of how to turn the unexpected into the routine with proper diving skills.

Your kid looks well-trained. I'm envious ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Excellent post, and had me wondering if there were any hand signals for gear (e.g., pony, or pony bottle). Perhaps one hand out in front of you, with your fingers and thumb forming a "C" shape, as if you were holding a small bottle straight up and down like you would normally (assuming there's still beer left!).

Bright kid you've got, light years beyond a number of insta-buddies I've been partnered with in the past.

Excellent post, and had me wondering if there were any hand signals for gear (e.g., pony, or pony bottle). Perhaps one hand out in front of you, with your fingers and thumb forming a "C" shape, as if you were holding a small bottle straight up and down like you would normally (assuming there's still beer left!).

Bright kid you've got, light years beyond a number of insta-buddies I've been partnered with in the past.

Thanks, but if you take a moment to think about it... I asked my buddy to shut down one of the tanks.. If I want to know which one was off, I can just press the purge button on the second stage from each tank and I will have my answer in 2 seconds.

I was asking him for information that I should have been able to determine on my own.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom