Video: West Palm Spring Break Lobster Trip with DumpsterDiver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CuzzA

Wetwork for Hire
Reaction score
My family chose to drive over to Palm Beach for Spring Break this year and of course the first person I reached out to was DumpsterDiver. Being the good guy he is, I found myself on a commercial bug trip with him and his buddy Monday morning.

3 tank trip. Current was ripping so we were forced to dive 100ft or less. The wind really picked up in the afternoon. 74.5° on the bottom.

Lots of lobster, but most were eggers. Only a couple lionfish. Despite so many eggers, we had some awesome viz, which has been hard to come by in the Gulf, plus we're suffering from red tide.

No sharks, a couple turtles. This is his video. My camera crapped out on the first dive.

Click to watch on the YouTube as embedding is disabled.

20230313_134143.jpg

cool video
how many lionfish you caught?

The video has been disabled, but from the photo with all smiles. Looks like a great time and dinner to boot!

Me too. At this point him still being banned makes no sense. While colorful, he's been diving a long time and always tried to give solid advice to help others.

What the heck did he do anyway? I always found him colorful but informative. Someone DM me and tell me what he did that was so egregious. I can't imagine anything is bad enough for a permanent ban.

What the heck did he do anyway? I always found him colorful but informative. Someone DM me and tell me what he did that was so egregious. I can't imagine anything is bad enough for a permanent ban.
Great question. DD did a great job of providing information, and called out BS when he could.
While it should be the most exciting part of the site, the Florida section has become woefully boring. Bring back DD. Add Reck Diver and Dan Volker to the list. Dan was a wind bag, but his interactions were very entertaining.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom