Video: West Palm Spring Break Lobster Trip with DumpsterDiver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All this is from memory. I might be able to find the relevant threads if it is important to someone.

Speaking as a fellow member and not staff. He was warned then I think temporally banned but then permabaned.

There was later a push to bring him back and he was allowed back on SB. Then almost immediately and knowingly went after another long time member. Shortly after, I think even during the thread, he was again permabaned.

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed his discussions and learned a great deal during our interactions.

He posted doing dives the scuba gods didn't approve of.
Others could be more specific but I don’t recall any ban because of a video but perhaps from the always lively discussion afterwards.

He was an ahole. Pure and simple.

That’s a bit harsh, but for those incessantly looking for adulation, adoration and affirmation (wow, that’s a lot of “a-words”) you’re rummaging through the wrong DUMPSTER.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

While debating the possible reasons for a previous permaban, y'all are exhibiting the same sort of behavior that gets posters in trouble.

I believe this thread is about a lobster trip

I've loved diving with him, great diver and knows the sport well.

This place is more family moderated than some of the other places we hang out and he is firm in his beliefs. That didn't mix well.

I have tempered my sarcasm, cynicism, satire, innuendo, double entendre, logical fallacy traps, smarminess and snarkiness to the point I rarely get moderated.

Watch his vids for some great hunting specific techniques.

All this is from memory. I might be able to find the relevant threads if it is important to someone.

Speaking as a fellow member and not staff. He was warned then I think temporally banned but then permabaned.

There was later a push to bring him back and he was allowed back on SB. Then almost immediately and knowingly went after another long time member. Shortly after, I think even during the thread, he was again permabaned.

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed his discussions and learned a great deal during our interactions.

Others could be more specific but I don’t recall any ban because of a video but perhaps from the always lively discussion afterwards.
I dont think it's worthwhile to rehash old threads. Him and a mod butted heads a few times. That's it. He would question dive advice given here and some people don't like that because divers tend to have egos bigger than the ocean is deep.

As for his diving, he's skilled at task loading and carrying a crazy amount of gear while pulling a float in a current. Many people who think they're really good divers can't do that. It looks easy on video. I wouldn't bother trying to haul all of that gear, but if you want to catch lobster and lionfish commercially you need it. I was at a disadvantage without having a scooter.

I don't think there's anyone else here that posted as much weekly video content than him as he dives nearly every week. That has left the board less intriguing, but it also removes some discussion as to certain situations that may occur.

Anyway, how about that viz though? 100+ feet was really nice. It was also nice to ditch the open cell for a scuba suit. A few more degrees and wetsuits will be stored until winter. Ive since permanently ditched hoods even in the 60's. I cant stand them.

I'm going to make some lobster rolls here for dinner tonight. 🦞🍽😋

ScubaBoard staff will never discuss the details of any ban with anyone but the person affected. In a world without privacy, we refuse to air dirty laundry. Consequently, usually only one side of the story gets told. That's OK, like diving, ScubaBoard isn't for everyone. If you can't abide by our simple rules, then rec.scuba is probably the place for you.

Lobster rolls, lobster chowder and slaw tonight. 🙂

20230319_202514.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom