Vintage Diving Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

good stuff...thanks for sharing.

Robert Beale

13403809_1712246132367770_4370178525325998783_o.jpg

Great pictures of events and people frozen in time..
The pool event with the female instructing ..the youngsters setting on the side with hope in their eyes that some day they too can dive...the adults carefully observing the instructor

What is the logo on the tank ? Appears to be Voit or possibly Nimrod .

The B & W of the diver in the water snorkel on an oval mask ..a partially inflated vest possibly a Sportsways or a US Diver vest with the pull up inflator. which was designed by the late Nic Icorn..

All frozen in time---good stuff

I just noted you reside in Alaska. Mrs. Miller and I spent last summer traveling in Alaska- what a gorgeous state ! We are now in the process of assembling our travel book ..so many memories...

Stay warm !
SDM

Last edited:
Great pictures of events and people frozen in time..
The pool event with the female instructing ..the youngsters setting on the side with hope in their eyes that some day they too can dive...the adults carefully observing the instructor...All frozen in time---good stuff...I just noted you reside in Alaska. Mrs. Miller and I spent last summer traveling in Alaska- what a gorgeous state ! We are now in the process of assembling our travel book ..so many memories...Stay warm !
SDM

Images are from on on-line newspaper blast from the past. It did bring back memories. I could have learned in a midwest high school PE course complete with quarry dive in 1973, but in 1972 moved to California and it would be another 8 years before pursuing it. No complaints, loved the south central coast (Ventura/SB). Moved to Alaska 15 years ago when my job moved here. At that time, people in the lower 48 said no one dived in Alaska, they were they mistaken. It is a wonderful place. I was diving in Seward last weekend and the panorama and atmospherics with the late Autumn light was fabulous. I know some folks that are pioneering new dive locations in Prince William Sound and Resurrection Bay. Someday their efforts may be featured on the Vintage diving thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom