Info vintage SCUBA gathering and dive in memory of Bryan Pennington of VDH

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe next year if there is one next year.

Long haul for me especially between trips and right after the Red Sea. Maybe another time. We did a memorial dive for Bryan In Cozumel 2022 and there were six divers and eight Krakens present. Cozumel is significant to the Kraken because it is where some of the testing occurred and the deep dive that some did with prototypes to verify function at depth.

Glad all had a good time and what a great showing for the Kraken and Bryan and what a handsome group of divers :).

Long haul for me especially between trips and right after the Red Sea. Maybe another time. We did a memorial dive for Bryan In Cozumel 2022 and there were six divers and eight Krakens present. Cozumel is significant to the Kraken because it is where some of the testing occurred and the deep dive that some did with prototypes to verify function at depth.

Glad all had a good time and what a great showing for the Kraken and Bryan and what a handsome group of divers :).

Here are pictures in memory of Bryan from last November in Cozumel.

1693168923627.png

1693168955701.png

Looks like a great turnout! Wish I could have made it. I tried. Please keep posting pics so the rest of us can live it vicariously!
🙂
10-4, S L. It was my first time and I had a blast. Only downside is there were too many new students flopping up clouds of mud and 2 Scuba Rescue classes certifying that morning and early after noon. Rob got in early to enjoy clear water while it lasted. The good part is i got lots of interested students come by my display I didn’t have time to cover it all. I wish I colluded have gotten Mon.off work and gotten wet with a very limited # of divers. I Loved it entirely and would go back in the future. Bryan, this one’s for You!!!

Scott G. Bonser, PADI DM since ‘84
giantfroginthepool

View attachment 799546

View attachment 799547
I wish I could have gone.
James, there is always next time. Hopefully with mostly the ‘VDH’ group but there are many ‘vintage’ hopefuls interested in my little display and others to hopefully keep the vintage SCUBA torch burning in the future. I plan to come to future events. Yes a Heluva drive but it was really worth it with some of the absolutely coolest folks around. See you there in future ( I will have to take more time off from work !!🤿😀.
Scott G. Bonser
giantfroginthepool

…couldn’t ask for a better group of diver-folk.
giantfroginthepool

View attachment 799546

View attachment 799547
Yes, Luis,
sorry that I missed you. Barb says you just returned from your trip and your wife was under the weather. ….hope she is feeling better soon. More events and festivals I am sure in the future. I am sure you will see me In the future. My friend Stepahanie K. From Tarpoon Skin Diving Center says hello and Lotsa Lotsa Thanks for your patience. Her customer’s Kraken is now in great shape and working superbly. ….almost bought a Kraken I believe that ‘simonbeans’ (Allan) had up for sale at WSQ, I just didn’t have the cash at the time.

I will. Be back in contact. So many folks at ‘Life Celebration’ for Bryan I believe I recognized a couple of them in your photo at dusk. The ‘dude‘ on the right was there toward the last hours ( I believe, sorry I can’t remember names )
Scott G. Bonser
giantfroginthepool

hablo un poco espanol tambien, ( it helps with lots of Central American contractors that I work with at NC DOT Engineering Inspector III )

It was a fantastic turnout, Nemrod. It was my first time there. Wonderful, welcoming people they are….glad to be a part of the group.
giantfroginthepool
Maybe next year if there is one next year.
…I am looking to come to the next event if all goes my way. ….will get more time off work. Time at the event just flew by way too fast. That happens when you are in good company.
😀🤿
giantfroginthepool

giantfroginthepool

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom