VIP [visual inspection] class - 1 spot left!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We might have one spot left on Saturday's (April 19) VIP class. If you are interested, please contact me.

512-452-3483 or
royalscuba@austin.rr.com or
Use this very thread or
PM me.

Would you please post all requests for advertising in the marketplace? Thanks.

Hola Debra en Grand Prairie,

I apologize if there's been some confusion. This thread --about an extra VIP spot available this Saturday-- has nothing to do with advertising for profit. (I'm not making a penny off the deal.) It is about providing a service to other local Austin dive shops (and other individuals who meet the requirements) with the opportunity to get one of their guys VIP'ed. Therefore, per previous conversations with Ann Marie, everything else is in order and nothing in this thread needs to go in the Marketplace. :D If you would like to inquire further on this subject, or discuss your cool (Mares) Volo Power fins:) or your awesome (Mares) X-Vision mask:), please contact me at 512 452 DIVE. (I, too, enjoy diving with my Mares Volo Power fins and my Mares Liquidskin X-Vision mask!)

:DHappy Diving!:D
:DRoyal Scuba in the heart of Austin Texas:D

Ahh whether or not you make a profit is not the issue. You own a dive shop, you are advertising a spot in a class that you are hosting in your shop. It doesn't matter that it is for other dive shops or the man in the moon. It is an advertisement. If every dive shop started posting the classes they have one spot left in or any spots in the forum would quickly become a place of business for most people and the divers who actively read this forum would become tired of it and leave the forum. How can we be sure no profit is being made?? Should we just trust you?
Here is the trick...you get other people to post that there is one spot left, then you come in and chime in later confirming there is indeed one spot left. Then it is not you techinically advertising it. That is how it works. You have advertised a lot on this board and you have had several posts moved to the marketplace. Respect the board and the board will respect you. You have only been here a short time and the majority of your posts are either advertisements for your Grand Opening, your classes, your instructors, and what gear you have coming in and how you sell it cheaper than everyone else. We get it. You own a dive shop. We have been banged over the head with it. We get it.

Debra,

First off, I apologize for the ONE thread that I personally created that was moved to Marketplace. Specific to the subject, Ann Marie and I have discussed this matter in detail, so unless you've recently replaced Ann "Mermaids Rule" Marie, your judgment should be tempered minus all the facts.

Secondly, this is NOT my VIP class; I was just making the post. Let me repeat myself, I am not running a VIP class. If you would like to contact the person who is running the VIP class just let me know, he lives in the DFW area, so it'll probably be a local call for you. Nonetheless, he is the one running it . . . NOT ME!

Finally, as far as tricks go . . .. Isn’t that an issue with this industry?? Everybody seems to have a trick, an artifice, a scam, and an angle in this industry. Why can't people just mean what they say and say what they mean? It is a shame that this is what we are reduced to . . . a new, professional dive shop having to defend itself for personally creating ONE thread that was moved to the Marketplace over two weeks ago. Sorry to bang you over the head with it.

When I created Royal Scuba, our objectives of being professional, honest, and service-oriented has remained at the forefront of everything we do at Royal Scuba. As you read the Texas Swamp Divers threads that reference Royal Scuba, look at all the positive posts made on scubaboard from veteran divers/posters such as IgoDeep, parrotheaddiver, Danktex, k-valve, texdiveguy, BullSharkGator, LVX, PvilleStang, shark gal, Cuda 72, jac, fellow shop owner Mack Diver and others. Even Ann Marie was kind, positive, and helpful regardless of the circumstance.

Our shop is three weeks new, therefore we will not try to claim we are a dusty veteran shop complete with full range of experience and baggage. Without reserve, we will continue to be very enthusiastic, always learning, and professional as we carve a happy niche for divers to enjoy. Debra, if you took the time to know us, I'm positive that you too, will agree with fellow veteran scubaboard posters to find Royal Scuba to be highly refreshing and a pleasant retreat in today's scuba industry.

Once again, I sincerely apologize for the initial thread (titled, It's That Time, http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/trips-local-marketplace-texas/226615-time-2.html) that was incorrectly placed, as I've stated, we've since been in communicae with the appropriate powers, Ann Marie and El Orans.

Happy Diving!

Yep, you are right that was my post. I never denied that I didn't try it too! I no longer own SI Scuba so it is a mute point now. My hand has been slapped plenty of times but thanks for veering off the subject and looking into a post that was 8 months old. My point is, and now correct me if I am wrong, is I post that ABC Scuba shop has one or two spots left in a scuba class or any other class then that is not a violation of the TOS? If I posts several shops in the DFW metroplex that ABC Scuba, DEF Scuba, etc. have spots open in a class as a "community service" then it's ok to clutter up the forum? Heck, I just maybe the best volunteer the scuba industry has ever seen then.
I am sure Royal Scuba is a great scuba shop as well as all the other shops in the Austin, Houston, DFW, etc. areas. Everyone wants to believe they are the first shop to open up and treat customers fairly. Congratulations. Maybe you can post everyone else's class openings also? Wouldn't that be the fair thing to do?
Go on everyone posts your shops openings in classes, let's really get lots of threads started. Might as well lists everyone's trip openings here too! But the trick, and there is a trick, is to not be the owner of that dive shop but be another owner of a different dive shop and then everyone can list everyone else's openings and no one will get their posts moved to the marketplace. I get it. You are absolutely right and I am absolutely wrong.

If the post was approved by Ann Marie and El Orans then it's OK and follows the TOS. They are the folks that decide that, right?. You'll probably live a longer, happier life if you don't let the little stuff get to you like that, Debra. Take a deep breath and let this go...like water off a duck's back. It's one of those things that we can't control. :wink:

My advice would be to treat the posts you don't like as if they were junk email and don't read them.

BTW, Nicco, thanks for letting us know about the extra spot. If I didn't already have my VIP certification I'd take you up on the class.

Yep, you are right that was my post. I never denied that I didn't try it too! I no longer own SI Scuba so it is a mute point now. My hand has been slapped plenty of times but thanks for veering off the subject and looking into a post that was 8 months old.

how is this "veering off the subject". I'm just pointing out a reference of "the pot calling the kettle black".

I think that you'll find some folks who find this thread useful, whether it's in the main regional forum or in the 'marketplace' forum. This is a class that is not often taught on a normal basis by most shops or instructors.

why all the fuss? it's been covered several times that the 'powers to be' were ok with this.

heck, if I lived closer, I'd prob take the class and wouldn't have known about it if it wasn't for this post.

. You are absolutely right and I am absolutely wrong.

:D

Have seen this option? This will solve you having to see it .Click on Thread tools.

I'm thinking about doing the same thing to this thread because of all the 'fuss'.

ignore_thread.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom