Visiting Cape Cod. Where to dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMJT

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone,

I will be coming to cape cod for a week in July all the way from old England and I'd love to get plenty of diving in. The kind of diving I prefer is wrecks (especially if they have interesting history or they are not often visited) and big life. I am happy to travel around a bit to get to the best dive sites and happy to go deeper (upto 50m) for good wrecks. I will also need to rent most of the gear since I can't drag all my kit from the UK.

If anyone can point me to a great dive centre or generally a good plan for dives to do then I would really appreciate it! Or if there are locals who plan on doing some great club diving that I could join into?

I will be based out of Hyannis.

Thanks for any help,

Matt

Last edited:
You want wrecks, we got them. Pinthas is one of best dives (Turtled Tanker) Google Pinthas wreck and will find. Go to Cape Cod Dive Locker in Hyannis. Mike runs charters to all the good wrecks. many are advance dives because of currents. Shore dives are very limited. The cape is a giant sand bar. Couple ok dive sites (great night dive) is Sandwich town beach.

A couple of things to consider (I moved back to the States a year ago after some time in the UK...lots of time spent in Wraysbury, Stoney Cove & sea diving off of Plymouth) =

- If you bring your regs along, many rental cylinders here in the states are not DIN...although you can find them
- If you don't bring your regs/gauges...prepare for PSI :)
- Double cylinders...may or may not be available as rental gear

Chris

Yep plenty of wrecks around.....Dive locker would be your choice....check early with Mike about rentals....including a Drysuit if you dive the Barges off Nauset......maybe rent a bang stick too....The White Sharks seem to be swarming there....Also check into Divers Market in Plymouth....As mentioned Pinthis and Mars are done regularly ...Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom