Visiting Ventura April 25th to May 1st

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keep us posted. I only do boat dives (thus far) and I would love to join in. It's hard to beat the Peace or the Spectre. But don't neglect diving a bit further south toward LA area and go to Catalina Island (the Great Escape or the Magician are top picks for down there).

Frankly I love the Great Escape boat, and have been on it and to Catalina more times than any of the other boats and islands. But if I was already up in Venture I wouldn't see much reason to bother with Long Beach boats and Catalina diving, at least not on a short trip, maybe year around for variety is different. The boats up in Ventura are just as good, the boat ride to Anacapa is shorter and IMHO the diving at Anacapa is just as good as Catalina. I'm sure there will be some Catalina fans disagreeing with me.

Last edited:
I'm with Rex on this, no reason to waste all the money in gas and time driving to San Pedro/Long Beach to catch a boat. It's taken me up to 3 hours to get down there on multiple occasions.

You can also get Air Fills at Xtreme Scuba in Ventura for only $3! Nitrox fills are only $6.75. http://www.xtremescuba.com/gas.html

Enjoy your time up here and jump on the Peace Dive Boat if you have the opportunity, it's arguably the best boat in so-cal.

Billy

Frankly I love the Great Escape boat, and have been on it and to Catalina more times than any of the other boats and islands. But if I was already up in Venture I wouldn't see much reason to bother with Long Beach boats and Catalina diving, at least not on a short trip, maybe year around for variety is different. The boats up in Ventura are just as good, the boat ride to Anacapa is shorter and IMHO the diving at Anacapa is just as good as Catalina. I'm sure there will be some Catalina fans disagreeing with me.

I don't disagree at all. I prefer the upper Channel Islands too, but I was just giving out options.

You can go on the Spectre out of Ventura which is also a very good dive boat.

John

P.S. Love ya Billy :D

I agree with Blly.

I would only go to San Diego to dive the Yukon...there's more to see off the islands.

Peace is the way to go... Peace Dive Boat Main Page

I'm with Rex on this, no reason to waste all the money in gas and time driving to San Pedro/Long Beach to catch a boat. It's taken me up to 3 hours to get down there on multiple occasions.

You can also get Air Fills at Xtreme Scuba in Ventura for only $3! Nitrox fills are only $6.75. Gas Fills and Tank Service

Enjoy your time up here and jump on the Peace Dive Boat if you have the opportunity, it's arguably the best boat in so-cal.

Billy

A buddy is putting together a San Diego boat dive in January. I'll keep you posted on that one on a different thread. Thanks for the advise though.

Steve.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom