Volunteers Wanted for Round Table Discussions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You are a strong advocate of deep air; this doesn't strike me as being an interesting podcast...just one immovable position statement after another by the participants. It is a duel, not a discussion.
100% its going to be just like the 100s of other podcasts

I would like to thank everyone who reached out. I will put together groups and send emails by this weekend to all those who volunteered. I look forward to seeing how this project turns out.

average non white females and males are too poor relative to their white counterparts to afford sports like alpine skiing/scuba diving/hockey etc. as those sports require high financial expenses relative to sports like football and basketball for which you can just strap a grocery cart to a tree and train for as long as you want

the way to boost popularity among the demographic that can afford scuba is to have better marketing in terms of TV shows and movies. Jacques Cousteau's filmography was what inspired a ton of divers to join the sport, which is why we saw scuba industry booming until recently. Today, there is nothing similar to what JC did, so naturally we have a shrinking industry that cannot keep up with previous rates of growth as people also get older and retire out of scuba
I don’t agree.

Look at most of the advertising, how many non-white females do you see, or even non-white males. University clubs manage to recruit near 50/50 male/female, but still don’t attract many from other cultures.

You are a strong advocate of deep air

Let's say I talk about what I know and practise. If you read my posts once more, you'll notice that I dive trimix also.

I am sure we could find a group of people that are not easily annoyed.

I think you underestimate him. 🤣

On a side note, I would absolutely be interested in this but my area of the world might make it difficult. Odd seeing this because I have been considering a podcast myself...but one were I basically stop being nice and just call out stuff I see that drives me crazy.

I think you underestimate him. 🤣

On a side note, I would absolutely be interested in this but my area of the world might make it difficult. Odd seeing this because I have been considering a podcast myself...but one were I basically stop being nice and just call out stuff I see that drives me crazy.
We love Amed. Our goal is to make it there a few times a year. Its become a go-to destination for us. My first 4interviews of the show were in Amed. Next time Im down there we should get an in-person interview for the podcast.

If you could get some folks together, we could do an in-person Round Table.

This sounds like a great idea, but again we all think we are 'diving experts'. Just joking, there are a lot of knowledgeable people on this message board. I'd be interested in seeing how you go with this. Perhaps, you could ask my boss to join.

This sounds like a great idea, but again we all think we are 'diving experts'. Just joking, there are a lot of knowledgeable people on this message board. I'd be interested in seeing how you go with this. Perhaps, you could ask my boss to join.
That would be great if he wants to join. I am putting groups together tomorrow. Can you tag him in a post and I will send an invite? I am hoping this will be the first of many. (Big dreams)

I did correct myself a few threads back. "Experts" was the wrong term. I should have said a discussion amongst peers.

We love Amed. Our goal is to make it there a few times a year. Its become a go-to destination for us. My first 4interviews of the show were in Amed. Next time Im down there we should get an in-person interview for the podcast.

If you could get some folks together, we could do an in-person Round Table.

I would love that! I will see who I can wrangle up for an in-person Round Table.

Back
Top Bottom