Vortex Question and Answer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shane

Being on here to answer questions and respond directly to folks' comments takes large balls and is a sure sign that you are a manager who is interested in his clientele.

My best friend MM and I were discussing how wonderful it was to sign in Saturday morning and be met with a smile instead of a growl. Your assistant is an absoutely great choice. I am horrible with names but think her name is Diane.

Keep up the great work and we will support you fully. The ideas that you discuss with me are fantastic and we only see growth in your future.

It was a pleasure meeting your lovely wife too and am glad that she set us straight on the candy jar.

I too will be glad when the carpet is gone because it covers my favorite fossil holes.

Thanks again for being here.

Hey Shane! It's a pleasure to meet you, and definitely cannot wait to meet you in October. It's been awhile since I dove Vortex, but it is a great spring to practice in. I haven't had the pleasure of staying overnight there, so I am definitely in for an adventure! I appreciate a business who listens to the imputs of their customers, and I definitely will pass the word. I am a member of the Blackbeard Scuba Club here in Savannah. We are always looking for fun places to dive that can accomodate many skill levels. I will definitely be bringing up the changes there at Vortex at our next meeting and will try to bring some more business to you! Thanks again!

Carolyn:sharks:

Mike - I hope to keep the prices in line with other destinations around here. I will do my best to stay competitive and still a good value.

Tom - It is always nice to see you arive with a class. I really do appreciate your loyalty. I hope we can look back at this ten years from now and laugh at all the crap that has been going on. Sometimes I can't help but laugh at it now.

Lives4sharks - I hope to see all your members soon. If there is anything I can do please feel free to call and ask for me (Shane). I want to build this place into the diving facility that I know it can be.

Marcie Marcie Marcie - What can I say. I have found this wonderful dive instructor that really cares about her students. If she and i weren't married to other people...well...we wouldn't be married to other people :p. Thank you for a wonderful time and keep our room open.

Shane,
I commend you for posting here and allowing us to interact with you in this format. I am planning on diving Vortex here in October and will look forward to meeting you and your staff face to face.

Great news for divers!! I am very appreciative of your actions and concern for divers and not just out to pick our pockets. See you all soon!

Shane...

so what plans do you have for the place?

I've heard rumors of opening up the other pond area as a cave training center for example.

Any updates to the "accomadations"? (like cleaning them even. They were pretty nasty and mildew smelling the last time I stayed in them.)

Some gear tables/platforms and covered picnic pavillions would be nice in long term plans.

I agree that most of the facilities have been run into the ground. I have seen plans of the possible future of the park. I am trying to get the rooms back up to par or at least to a point where I am not embarrased to rent them out. I have had the dorms open during the last several days just to try and air the out. I have even hired a pest control company to get rid of the roaches that will carry you away in the middle of the night. In the future we will be demolishing the current structure and building newer ones. I have been assured that we will never be a condo resort or a golf course. The park will be under going some changes this winter from what I hear from the owners but I have been trying to make due with what I have until then. I will try to keep the website up to date and upload some pictures as we change things.

Just for those of you who are still wondering if I mean what I said about prices, we just updated the website and I am going to redo the signs here on site with the new pricing. We also change some of the content to the website aswell.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom