Vr3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have both, the VR3 and the Shearwater Preditor. They are both excellant trimix computers. On a recent dive trip to a shipwreck at 350 feet, the Shearwater's lowest stop was 140 feet. My buddy and I both followed our Shearwaters up and felt tired and a little achy. The remainder of the dives we did the deep stops on the VR3 (starting at 240) and after the first 2 stops we went to the Shearwater for the remaining deco. We came up feeling no ill effects at all. On shallower dives they are within a miniute of each other and have no complaints about either. I have had the VR3 for about 5 years and hadve had no problem with it. I've had the Shearwater for 2 years now and I'm also very happy with it.

I'm not a tech diver and have not used the VR3, but there is a reason the current tech computers use an OLED display. Tech means deep or overhead environment, which implies low light. So with an old LCD display you'll have to shine a light to read the thing, unless the backlight is good enough. It also implies you always have a light in the opposite wrist/hand to your VR3.

One other thing, from my experience in night diving. The backlight may be good enough in true dark conditions but it's not good in semi dark. In semi dark you still have to shine a light at the display.

Adam

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom