VT Pro Depth Lock-up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jc2

Contributor
Reaction score
I've got a VT Pro hoseless computer. I've found on my last few dives the depth is locking up on me while the other functions still work. It is NOT losing signal. About 10 or 15 min into the dive the depth indicator just freezes at whatever depth I'm at, usually for the rest of the dive.

Could it be low battery or something else that I should send it in to have it checked out?

Speaking of low battery, how does the unit know if the transmitter on the reg has a low battery and if it does how will it indicate it? (Obviously I don't rember every page of the manual - time to get it back out.)

It seems funny though that my tank pressure and depth time still reads while my depth freezes.

As everything else seems to be working as it should, my best guess with the information provided could be an obstruction at the depth sensor. The maintenance section of the manual (page 140) describes locating and rinsing this. If you don't see anything obvious, I would get it back to us for service.

The low battery icon will display in a condition where the receiver and/or transmitter battery is low. While linked, press and hold the side button for 2 seconds - this will provide a status check of the receiver's battery, and any linked transmitter's as well.

Doug

Well considering I bought the unit used and it is a very important instrument that I rely on (I have a backup analog pressure and depth gauge), It probably would be wise to send it in for a "check up" I don't do a lot of diving, maybe 12-20 dives a year. How long do the batteries typically last with that kind of usage?

What is the typicall cost of having the receiver and transmitter inspected and tested, cleaned, etc. I would guess since the units would be opened up, a battery change, even if the batteries were still good would be recommended or at least a change of the seals?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom