Vyper vs Mosquito

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wch

Contributor
Reaction score
:confused: I have pretty much narrowed my search for a new computer down to the Vyper or the Mosquito.
I currently have an Aladin Air, and I like the AI, but want to be able to use Nitrox. I also want to go to wrist mount.
If I had the $ I would get the Vytec, but even without the transmitter it is not an option right now. The Vyper and Mosquito are both just under $300.00 at DiveInn. Neither LDS carries Suunto products.
Which would/did you buy, and why,
Bill

I have the Aladin Air pro which you can use for Nitrox and I love it. My wife use the Mosquito and she likes that one very much. Good value, it never failed her (100-150 dives on it), small in size...

Because of the size. I plan to buy one for my back up computer.
Ranz

I chose the Vyper b/c I find the larger display easier to read. The trade-off is bulk... I usually take it off b/w dives and I sometimes envy the people who can wander round a dive resort wearing their Mosquito or Stinger.

Zept

I/we have one of each. I have not done a lot of comparison but they seem to be pretty much the same computer except the Vyper is much bigger, and easier to read.

The prime difference I see beyond that is the vyper has nitrox/air/guage and mos has nitrox/air/free dive.

Tommy

I use the Vyper as my primary computer and the Mosquito as a backup as well as a watch when I am on land. I love the Vyper and tolerate the mosquito. The small size of the Mosquito is certainly nice, but it is lacking in a few areas. In the first place, the buttons are hard to push. Second, the menus are not nearly as easy to use as the intuitive menus on the Vyper. I have a much easier time setting the oxygen percentage and pulling out log information with the Vyper.

I, too, and looking at the vyper and mosi. My main buddy has a vyper, so i would have support if i had problems with using it. BUT i am a female and would really like something small on my wrist. any thoughts/suggestions?

yeah.. really hard choice.

But if its any help. They sell mossies in Singapore for 420SGD = 240 USD.

:)

I am close to purchase the mosi, form a nice french online shop located in Brest (britany).
The price is 329euros...

www.scubaland.fr

They own a diving shop for real located in Brest Harbour. That's a good point for those that confidence on online purchasing are limited.
They are really effective.
I already bought from them my BCD (cressy-sub safety 111) at a nice price as well. I am currently quite happy about delivery and quality of the packaging. I think they are able to deliver to other european country.
They are also available for consel about your material if you need some advices...

At your service.

Michael

I chose the Vyper as a redundant computer because it is exactly the same as the Cobra, my primary, in every way (except it doesn't have the air pressure).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom