Vytec and transmitter, $600?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the same unit and love it but may have to sell it soon my old eyes are having trouble seeing the display. I am going to try some lens in my mask first if that doesn't work I may have no choice. I hate to part with it, it's been a great computer.

Compared to used prices on eBay it is a fair / reasonable / possibly good deal.
Yeah, see, I'd never buy it off ebay, even at half the price I paid. Just too much risk of getting screwed.

I use the Vytec and transmitter and like the set up. You will experience the occassional failure of the unit to sync when you pressurize the tank. You will find that the signal may begin to fail at lower tank pressures, etc. But, the combination is really nice.
Hmm...I thought it was supposed to work better than that. How low is low?

Hmm...I thought it was supposed to work better than that. How low is low?
Somewhere between 400 and 600 PSI. Now, this could just be MY transmitter, although I have seen posts from others with a similar experience. Not a real problem. I am usually back on the boat before I get much below 800.

I have had the occasional sinc issue but holding it close to the tank when turning it on eliminates that. I have never had it go out on me at low pressures. This is the first time I have heard of that issue.

Regards

Somewhere between 400 and 600 PSI. Now, this could just be MY transmitter, although I have seen posts from others with a similar experience. Not a real problem. I am usually back on the boat before I get much below 800.
Hmm...how much is that in bars? I'm generally out of the water with 50 bars (quarter tank).

Back
Top Bottom