W40 lumen output

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi there, only just saw you guys have a forum here, thats great, Ive been looking at your new W40 back up. Can you please advise differences between this and the older W30? also what is the lumen out put for the W40? And real run time at 100%, Ive seen it quoted as high as 5 hours and as low as 2 hours. thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Hi there, only just saw you guys have a forum here, thats great, Ive been looking at your new W40 back up. Can you please advise differences between this and the older W30? also what is the lumen out put for the W40? And real run time at 100%, Ive seen it quoted as high as 5 hours and as low as 2 hours. thanks you in advance.

Hello,

the new Backup 40W got more Watts.

See here:

LED W40 | Backup Lights | TillyTec

And get away from Lumens! What count is Lux!

The Truth about Lumens

Ralf
TillyTec USA

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply, but I am no wiser.

You say "And get away from Lumens! What count is Lux!" but you use watts as a unit of measurement, I am not a light manufacturer, watts and lux mean nothing to me. I own numerous lights and a lumen value is a unit of measurement I understand i.e. it is a point of reference for me hence my original question.

Thank you for referring me back to your web page, which I have read numerous times looking for the answer, which is not there, which is why I have asked this question on your forum.

Thank you for directing me to your article to read, which unfortunately I do not understand.

With due respect, the simple fact of the matter is, right or wrong, lumens are a generally accepted reference point used by the majority of manufacturers in order to give us, the layman i.e. the majority of customers, an idea of output.

So my question again, can you please advise the differences between the W30 and W40, and for my understanding can you please advise a ball park figure of the lumen value on this light.

Thank you.

Last edited:
OK. Let me explain it on a other way:

Click on this link:

TillyTec - ein einzigartiges Lampensystem - Lichtvergleiche TillyTec

You will see our light comparison. On the left site chose "LED 2000" from the Drop Down box. On the right site chose "LED 2000 Video" Now click on the middle button a few times. The pictures are changing. The picture with the darker light is the LED 2000 Video, the lighter one is the LED 2000. Both light heads are absolutely identical and both have 2700 lumen, but the LED 2000 got 4500 LUX and the LED 2000 Video only 3000 LUX.
Now you see why LUX is more important than Lumen because both got 2700 Lumen but 45000 LUX is even more then 3000 LUX. Both are absolutely identical light heads like I wrote before, but the LED 2000 Video got a angle of radiation of only 10 degrees whereas the LED 2000 got 110 degrees angle of radiation.

Now you see why lux is the truth and not lumen.

Our Backup 40W is the brightest and smallest with the longest burning time in the whole world. If you can find a backup light which is brighter and smaller which has a longer burning time than ours, you will get it for free! Good luck.

Ralf
TillyTec USA

Last edited:
OK. Let me explain it on a other way:

Click on this link:

TillyTec - ein einzigartiges Lampensystem - Lichtvergleiche TillyTec

You will see our light comparison. On the left site chose "LED 2000" from the Drop Down box. On the right site chose "LED 2000 Video" Now click on the middle button a few times. The pictures are changing. The picture with the darker light is the LED 2000 Video, the lighter one is the LED 2000. Both light heads are absolutely identical and both have 2700 lumen, but the LED 2000 got 4500 LUX and the LED 2000 Video only 3000 LUX.
Now you see why LUX is more important than Lumen because both got 2700 Lumen but 45000 LUX is even more then 3000 LUX. Both are absolutely identical light heads like I wrote before, but the LED 2000 Video got a angle of radiation of only 10 degrees whereas the LED 2000 got 110 degrees angle of radiation.

Now you see why lux is the truth and not lumen.

Our Backup 40W is the brightest and smallest with the longest burning time in the whole world. If you can find a backup light which is brighter and smaller which has a longer burning time than ours, you will get it for free! Good luck.

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate your trying to help me understand lux although this was not my question.

And I have found a smaller, brighter light with a longer run time that is cheaper, the MB-Sub X1-FF and X1-VB. Shall I PM you with my address so you can send me my free of charge W40?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply. I appreciate your trying to help me understand lux although this was not my question.

And I have found a smaller, brighter light with a longer run time that is cheaper, the MB-Sub X1-FF and X1-VB. Shall I PM you with my address so you can send me my free of charge W40?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

No, you did not! Michael gave you incomplete information.

See here:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/lights/305845-tilly-tec-w40.html

Let me ask you: Why would you like to get a W40, when you have already chosen a MB-Sub?? :blinking:

Ralf
TillyTec USA

No, you did not! Michael gave you incomplete information.

See here:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/lights/305845-tilly-tec-w40.html

Let me ask you: Why would you like to get a W40, when you have already chosen a MB-Sub?? :blinking:

Ralf
TillyTec USA

The information quoted is freely available on MB-Subs web site, this forum and direct from Michael, check it out, its not a secret :wink:

I have been very interested in the W30 for some years but getting one to NZ has always made the price too high for me. I have numerous lights but all bar one run on expensive CR123a batteries, my Solus for example, also the beam angle is quite narrrow i.e. 6-7 degrees. I have been looking for a more versatile light that runs on AAs with a reasonable run time, output and a wider beam angle so I could use it as a primary dive light in clear water while traveling. I saw your W40 so was very interested in its specifications as I have read on some European forums some good reviews on the W30, so tried to find out as much as I could about your W40 hence posting on your forum. After numerous attempts to get my questions answered without success I began looking elsewhere to see what was available and stumbled across the X1-VB, again no secret the information is readily available on their website and this forum. Although I still believe your W30 and maybe W40, I'm unsure on the W40 as you never answered my questions, is/are a very fine light/s I believe the X1-VB is a more versatile light and better suits my intended purpose. Now if I was a more wealthy person I would indeed also like to own a W40 but given I have limited funds and must choose only one the combination of ease of information and the available specifications of the X1-VB more matching my needs I have decided to go with the X1-VB. You ask why would I want a W40 if I have decided on a X1-VB? well prior to my original post I hadn't decided but was on a fact finding mission and the second part of my answer to your question is listed above, also I am sure the W40 is a great light and if I could have both that would be great.

So I assume you wont be PMing for my address to send the light? you didn't say how I had to find the information just that it be found, well it was found. Thats ok though I didnt think for a minute that you genuinely meant your offer.

Anyway Mr/Mrs Tilly Tec, thank you for your assistance(?) and I wish you good luck with your new W40 I'm sure it will be a great success, looks(?) like a great like for its intended purpose and should I win the Lottery you will definitely be receiving an order from me.:)

Regards

Sorry, but the light you describe is not smaller (measured by volume) and brighter with no longer burning time. (Has to meet all three criteria)
But I already wrote this.

Oh so now its "measuerd by volume"? gee what a suprise:shakehead:, before it was how I came to the information...

And after all that you still didnt answer any of my questions.:shakehead:

Given you cannot even answer the simplest of questions despite being asked several times and clearly from the above i.e making deals you have no intention of keeping, am pleased I went with Mb-Sub:wink:

Ive wasted enough time on this what has become a pointless exchange, Im done, Im going diving...

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom