Wahoo! I PASSED!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrjimboalaska:
Kris and Mark...
Great job you guys.............now, make sure your students understand buoyancy!
Well, considering we've had plenty of practice with that stuff at the IDC & IE (I had "hovering" and "efficient fin kicks" for OW skills)... I think we both had those during the IDC as well.

Bob: I'm headed to Rossland for Jan 2-8... does that count? I won't be diving, but I'll be freezing my *** off in the snow!

OK, enough, he passed "with flying colors" Congrats again but get over it eh? If you want to make a mark, go teach a bunch of reef walkers to dive and love the ocean.

Wildcard:
If you want to make a mark, go teach a bunch of reef walkers to dive and love the ocean.

WC,
During the IDC we spent a morning at MM14 beach. Great dive - even if we both screwed up our OW stuff in one way or another. We were just finishing up (shallow water rescue scenario) and this old fart tourist yells over "How do I get back to the beach?" He's standing on top of the coral in about a foot of water - 100' from shore. Everybody was thinking the same thing - stupid tourist ruining the reef. Nobody really helped the guy out. I got to thinking later that our reaction was a big mistake. It IS OUR JOB to make people aware of the fragile nature of the marine environment. We should have helped that guy get off the reef with as little damage as possible and then had a conversation centered around understanding the ocean as well as safety - without being judgemental. He probably would have listened out of gratitude and maybe passed the info along to his friends and family. Instead we probably ended up with a guy that sees divers as apathetic and arrogant. What a shame. I just hope in the future I can remember this lesson.

Every diver is an ambassador for the oceans.

Mark

Well Kris take a picture of the first student who gets your name on their card.

My first student is an instructor now, so that's kinda cool :)

Congrats

howard4113:
IE.jpg

Mark
Hmmm suddenly it becomes very clear why you took the course :wink:

Al Mialkovsky:
Hmmm suddenly it becomes very clear why you took the course :wink:
What, for a picture with the Instructor Examiner? :-D

Lori's great, but I think she's taken.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom