WALLET & KEYS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Although i risk an *** kicking for this...

Whats keyless entry? :06:

:yourkiddi:yourkiddi

There are two common types of keyless entry. The first type works with any car and the second is mainly for high end cars.

Type 1: A Rock or metal pipe will get you into any car without a key.

Type 2: Many cars are equiped with a numeric keypad next to the keyhole, entering the combination will unlock the doors.

Note on type 2: the first time I ever locked my keys in my car and used the keyless entry, there was something in the back sitting on the lock button (which was located on a flat surface) and the doors wouldn't unlock because it was as if someone was holding the lock button down. I had to use the type 1 to get in. :11:

TT :wink:

Ahh!!

I be familiar with type 1 in the town where i live :D

CRAZYBOBC:
Ok This My Seem Silly But Being A New Diver I Have To Ask. What Do You Do With Your Wallet And Keys When Doing A Beach Dive And You Drive To The Location And No One Is With You That Isn't Diving.

i keep my keys with me during the dive, in a weight pocket which i mount on my top BP strap (at the moment) and on my BC alternative weight-pocket (when I used a BC).

as for the wallet, i keep it in the trunk.

I put it in the back of my dive log. And the dive log goes into a large zip loc bag. Oh, guess I shoudn't have told you that.

Scuba_freak:
Although i risk an *** kicking for this...

Whats keyless entry? :06:

Some cars do not require the use of a key to unlock the doors. TwoTanks was correct about his type 2, but Ford, VW and BMW as well as others use what is called a key "fob", a little keypad that has several buttons on it. It is a mini radio transmitter that sends a code to the electronic locks on the car to unlock or lock, depending on which key is pushed.

The problem is that these things can't get wet and they tend to cost a lot to replace if damaged.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom