Want a dive computer...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

.......So once I select my watch/dive computer I use the DiveNav's Dive Buddy in order to connect the two?.....
Dive Computer Buddy is a wireless adapter that allows you to direct download logs from your dive computer using a smartphone / tablet.
See video below as an example.

[video=youtube;28Nnh-Z11J0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28Nnh-Z11J0[/video]

I love the Aeris Atmos AI. We have two in our family and they are rock solid and easy to use. Cheaper than the wrist style by a big margin.

I dive a Suunto Vyper Air, bought the transmitter last year so I have the air info in it too. It has all the necessary data for logging (that a computer can have, e.g not your weighting and vis!), does nitrox and has a gauge mode (so it becomes bottom timer and doesn't to any of the calculations for me). Most the people I dive with use a Suunto Gekko, similar feature list but no air integration. Do bear in mind what buddies dive with as it can be quite useful diving off the same decompression model so your safety stops etc. tend to match up.

---------- Post added September 2nd, 2014 at 07:58 AM ----------

Oh and I forgot to say, the cable to download to your computer is an extra cost, but I got a third party one a couple if years ago for about £15.

---------- Post added September 2nd, 2014 at 12:31 PM ----------

p.p.s the Suunto Zoop has replaced the Gekko

I picked up the upload cable for the aeris. Works fine. I don't have a need to upload dive to my phone while
On vaca. I try to limit the device usage on vaca. We work on these things all day long. I like then being clocks for a week (device=smartphone)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P.S.: Just realized Diver Steve's post on the VT 4 included transmitter and download cable. I think I'd probably just buy that right now if I were in the market!!!
I think computer recomendation was asked by new diver. For new diver suggest to buy $799 looks to much for me. He has so many place to put money...
I think simple < $300 computer, supporting Nitrox, maybe with two gases (for future growing) will be more than enought.
Once I bought my Alladin Tech2, it provides me all nessesary info and has IrD connection to computer.

I agree with Roman_66. there are a lot of very solid computers for far less than $800. My atmos has exceeded all of our needs and expectations for they list for 499, can easily get it for less in a package :wink: check with scubatoys and see if they can hook you up a reg/computer package.

I get your point, but if someone buys a $300 computer, then decides no, they really want a wrist unit that's A.I. and can download dives to their desktop computer, and then buys one for $800, that is not a savings.

Richard.

I get your point, but if someone buys a $300 computer, then decides no, they really want a wrist unit that's A.I. and can download dives to their desktop computer, and then buys one for $800, that is not a savings.
Richard.
Computer, which I mentioned in my post above - wrist, supports Nitrox, two gases and has IrD connection to computer. On sales you can find it little bit more than $200, normal price $274. Only you might need to buy IrD 2 USB for your computer, which cost less than $10. Work for me more than four years (more than 150 dives) without issues and even battery still show 5 levels from 6.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom