Want BP/W. Would like advice/feedback

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, back on track. I currently have plans for a BASIC 18" (big guy/gal) backplate at FredT's awaiting conversion to CAD and quote. "North Florida" style with seven adjustment holes to suit both a whole range of tanks and experimentation concerning trim. I will be able to mount tanks too high or too low to see what the effect is. Other than that, nothing extra. No camband slots, no what if's, just three holes on either edge. I'm going with 3/16" stainless steel, material can vary as required weight dictates. If you are interested in this approach, email Fred Tagge. ftagge@goldinc.com.

(I get nothing)

Last edited:
I fly all over the world with a stainless backplate. If being overweight is an issue, i can't blame the plate. I did weigh my suitcase though, and found that it weighed 16lbs. changing to a duffel saved me much more than the three lbs difference between plates. Gary

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom