Want to dive one day in Key Largo, but stay elsewhere

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, as for dive ops in Key largo - who use the big boats which have a head on them? (like the ones that Aqua-nuts used to have? Is Cristal Clear still operating the big boat out of Tavernier? I do prefer a boat with a head on it.

Well the 46' Newton is still in Tavernier, but we bought it from Cristal Clear when they closed the doors 4 weeks ago. She's now the Republic Diver and we even have Jorge and Jason working with us now.

Good Diving/Hunting,

Is Cristal Clear out of business entirely or just that location?
I've never had the pleasure of diving with conch republic divers but sounds like this might be a good opportunity.

Is Cristal Clear out of business entirely or just that location?
I've never had the pleasure of diving with conch republic divers but sounds like this might be a good opportunity.

Yes they are. As the real estate market fell so did the sales for properties in the Keys owned by Cay Clubs. Cristal Clear Charters was originally put together to support the members who bought into these properties. Having no sales, members, or properties Cay Clubs spin off company (Cristal Clear Charters) really had no reason to exist. Cay Clubs was not really in the water sports business. That being said they liquidated all the dive shops inventory, which also included the boats.

So there's your history lesson for the day. :crafty: Look forward meeting you.

Good Diving/Hunting,

Key Largo to Miami Beach in 1.5 hours is doable...but you can just as easy be in a 1.5 hour traffic jam in Miami or on US 1. DEFINITELY ALLOW MORE TIME THAN THAT TO MAKE THE BOAT! With most boats leaving at 8:30 or 9, you might want to shoot for the 1pm afternoon trip!

Mike

It's a Dive at the Marriott in Key Largo has a big boat with a head. I've used them a couple of times before and have been quite happy.

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom