Want to do some practice dives, but no buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheHuth

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
What is the best way to find people who want to do some basic practice dives locally? Should I join a club? I know there are several in my area. For example, I see that Pacific Wilderness in San Pedro has several club dives a week. If I joined that club, would I just be able to show up to the dives, and connect with people there?

Its hard for me to know my schedule far in advance. So I'm trying to find a flexible way of finding people to dive with on short notice.

Try asking the local diveshops if anyone wants to dive that day and let them know what type of dives your looking to do around here that's how it's done if you wanna dive and there's no club dives they'll take your name and number what type of dive you want to do and if someone wants to do the same dive or wants to dive and calls in they give your number or email to each guy/girl it's a free service they do since we get air from them it's a win win situation for the dive shop

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom