Want to use a bungee secondary w/o wrapping a primary LP hose around me for reef div

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...and that's the bottom line IMO: if a 5' hose will fit comfortably around you & the gear you typically use, then that length will do everything you need it to for single tank recreational diving. If it doesn't fit, you'll need a longer one

See my profile pic for 5' hose routing. I'm 6' tall and 80-something kgs. Fits great with a 3mm suit & Miflex hose

I'm trying to figure out hose routing w/o having to wrap the primary LP hose around my body. I'm assuming that I cannot tuck the primary LP huse under my arm and comfortably be able to use it. I really like the idea of a secondary 2nd stage around my neck and readily available but am I creating issues by not wanting to wrap a hose around me? Is it even possible to do this?

Thanks
Dave

I bungi my second and do NOT use a long hose on my primary. The bungied second stage (for me) is really my pony bottle. If I have to share air with someone, they are just gonna need to be in my face damn it. I don't need no stinking long hose and tucking and bending and I hear the long hose doesn't go well with the snorkel I wear on my mask.

I have had to share air 3 times in true emergencies underwater and it worked ok without the long hose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom