WAOW vs Seahorse liveaboard for Raja? Suggestions please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Susan,
Yes they did lead dives. In fact I buddied with Jay in most dives because I was travelling single.

hawksbillturtle - did Jay and Kay actually lead dives on your Komodo trip? On my Raja Ampat trip two weeks ago they participated in several of the dives, but on their own and for their own pleasure. They didn't do any guiding. In fact...

I got a comprehensive list from Laura at the Arenui a couple of days ago and didn't see any dates that worked for you in March but asked her for potentials in March. Booked solid. The Marshall manta trip in march has a wait list. Did you have any interest in the Seahorse info I sent you as I believe that was your favorite...

Looking to book MSY SEAHORSE FOR RJAJ TRIP APR 2014
Did you book Seahorse, and what are your thoughts re boat, crew, food, diving??

Diversusan... I heard that this particular diver actually hooked up with Jay until the diveguide came back down again to fetch her and then went up with her. Are you actually aware of the damage your unhappiness could cause to people such as Jay and Kay or to operations such as WAOW?

In regards to This ship vs that ship... The Arenui is great, run very professionally by Jerry Arriaga and Debbie Arriaga and as mentioned above, is quite often (most of the time) full, which basically says it all. Seahorse is another boat which is recommendable, looked very well after by a woman named Cici and now a new Cruise Director named Ned, who also has multiple years of experience. Both The Arenui and Seahorse are in terms of size and space in a slight different league than WAOW and just like The Arenui, WAOW is lead by an experienced couple who has been in the industry for well over a decade. With either one of those 3 vessels you can't go wrong. In the end it all comes down to personal choice, budget and availability...

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't there so I can't say what the truth is but, Saynotomarinecops, where was your vantage point that allowed you to see the guide come back down all the way to the reef?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Zippsy... My vantage point was there mate :wink: And if you claim to be working in this industry, it should be in your own interest to defend people from posting stuff which isn't entirely true on such forums... Because who knows, you might be the next victim of such an accusation!

If you saw the incident, you should have said so. It gives more credibility than saying "I heard...". I work in the industry but that doesn't mean I'll blindly defend any guide / shop over any incident. When one person says "this happened to me" and another person says "I 'heard' that's wrong", I usually am giving the benefit of the doubt to the person who was there and witnessed it.

Totally agree with what you said Zippsy. I wouldn't even call this an incident but just a regular diving story. Some people just have the ability of blowing stuff up and out of proportions. At the time the diver hooked up with Jay and Kay until the guide returned, Diversusan wasn't even in the water any more... Would these 2 buddy teams she mentions in her story have been good divers and capable of ascending by themselves, which actually every single certified open water diver should be capable to do (otherwise he/she really shouldn't be diving), the dive guide would never have left that one diver in the water. The depth this diver was left at was roughly 5 meters by the way, a depth which most people consider a snorkeling depth and a depth each and everyone can easily ascend from, even when alone. All right then, I guess we'll leave it at that and can only hope that people don't try causing damage to others by posting stories which aren't quite correct and entirely true. Forums can be and actually are a good source of information but they can also be manipulated...

I'm not surprised by these recent posts, although I'm rather surprised they've stayed up. But they're just further evidence, really. Just digging the hole deeper. Pretty sad.

Back
Top Bottom