Warm water trim.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The fins I used are Tusa split fins, and yes I know they'll eventually cause my untimely demise, and ten pounds of lead in BCD pockets. I think the most prudent course of action would be a pair of slipstreams and a return trip with more time for weighting experimentation.
The point is that the 1 or 2 pounds positive buoyancy added over your lungs by the jacket can make a big difference to my trim.

So if I were you I would investigate putting more weight higher up on your body (perhaps on your cambands) to push your chest down first before buying new, positively buoyant fins to pull your feet up.
I found, however, that if I put some weight on my cam bands, rather than only in a weight belt, it helped tremendously.
Let's get back to addressing the OP's original question...

I think 4sak3n and ligersandtions have offered the best advice so far. I am in complete agreement.

Skookumchuck's Tusa split fins are already positively buoyant, and therefore I really don't see much benefit to buying OMS Slipstreams. You will be much better served to purchase a couple of XS Scuba weight pockets ($20 total) and position them on your top tank camband. Shift some weight from the BCD pockets to the camband pockets. Simple, easy fix. You'll be surprised what a difference this makes in your trim. Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom