Warning Key West Dive Operator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm, I thought it sounded familiar, thanks for the link.

It seems the original poster has some personal beef that he/she is taking public. Look, as of right now, they haven't even been back to this thread.

Typical hit-n-run one-post-wonder.

Looks like the original poster is sneaking back in to read this thread. you know its this thread because thats their only post.

from their profile, just moements ago.....

bluebluewater
Total Posts: 1 (0.07 posts per day)

Last Online At: Yesterday 07:18 PM

Last time I looked the definition of professional did not include the following.

1.running over a coral reef in waters you had been navigating almost daily for years.

2.operating a charter vessel ignorant of salvage laws and your insurance provisions

3.not paying bills incurred

OTOH neither was.....going public with details of legal proceedings prior to the conclusion in order to interfere with the everyday business of your opponent.

I would not do business with either,but the charter business is doubly wrong.

Simply put. The Op has an ax to grind ! He/She has tried to grind it here.

He/she/it is still a one-post wonder.

EDIT: I looked at the profile and it is a she.

Obviously a REAL EXPERT! I don't even need to make snarky comments, they will just make themselves. :shakehead:
Interests: shopping
Certification Agencies: padi
Certification Level: open water
Dive Classification: Just An "Average" Diver
# of Logged Dives: 0 - 24
Years Certified: Less Than One Year

He/she/it is still a one-post wonder.

EDIT: I looked at the profile and it is a she.

Obviously a REAL EXPERT! I don't even need to make snarky comments, they will just make themselves. :shakehead:
Interests: shopping
Certification Agencies: padi
Certification Level: open water
Dive Classification: Just An "Average" Diver
# of Logged Dives: 0 - 24
Years Certified: Less Than One Year

If "she" works as a bartender (as stated above) at one of the bars on the south end of Duvall, then "she" might look sorta like a "she" (in a dress) but might really be a "he". :rofl3:

Naw baby, naw, I was thinking hmmm, interests are SHOPPING? (would you really put that as your ONLY interest on a DIVE forum?), only an OW cert, less than 24 dives and a newbie diver...yup yup yup obviously an expert in the dive charter bidniz.
:popcorn:

Admittedly, I joined just for this post, though I should have joined before and will stick around after.

I know both parties involved here. I got my C card from Subtropic, and I am close friends with one of the actual salvors who floated the boat and know the perosn he contracts through. I'm also a journalist and I've gotten most of the reports from various agencies on this incident.

The insurance on a vessel is just that, vessel insurance. I should cover up to the insured amount on the boat and pay the boat owner, who can then reimburse anyone they owe. That has nothing to do with the actual cost of salvaging this boat, which should be covered under business liability insurance. The boat had to be salvaged, moreso because it is in an especially sensitive marine habitat. Considerations for that habitat also make the salvage opperation more difficult and increase costs and time.

Subtropic has run a great business for many years, and has had a few unfortunate incidents over recent years including this one. I'm sure they'll be even more particular about who they trust with their boats in the future.

I don't disagree that it's dirty to take shots on a board like this, and I'm currious to know how the poster is even involved in this, but it's certainly not fair to jump all over the salvor on this one either. The opperating costs for a business in the Keys are absurdly high, and I hope they get their due without having to fight tooth and nail for it.

I don't think anyone was criticizing the salvor, the arrows were being slung at the original poster.

Sounds like she has a lil' personal grudge against the dive shop somehow.

My opinion is that is was immature and inappropriate for her to air her lil' tantrums here.

Disclaimer: I know nobody from Subtropic, I've never dived with them, never met them, I'm just a former dive industry professional.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom