Question Warped yoke A-clamp self repair?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
JimmyTG6

JimmyTG6

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

I have an apeks xtx yoke 1st stage that was recently damaged after getting struck by another cylinder on a boat while attached to my own cylinder. The A-clamp frame is now warped, which prevents proper pressurisation and so is unusable. The 1st stage itself is fine, but has anyone ever encountered a similar issue? Can a warped yoke clamp be fixed DIY, or would it be best to buy a conversion kit and just stick a new yoke or din on there? Cheers.

PXL_20240315_054017257.jpg
PXL_20240315_054026299.jpg

Sorry all, you may have to explain in layman's terms... The 1st stage I was using was the xtx200, and I've been drawing information from the tx40-50 service manual, so the parts are listed as AP1403 (yoke clamp) and AP1407 (yoke clamp connector) which were both mentioned above. I'm fairly certain the connector is not damaged, but may end up purchasing both parts for good measure. If those selling the appropriate parts are located in Australia, I'll most likely send some PM's at around mid July, as I'm currently working remote in the Seychelles, but am based in Sydney.

One last time, DM me if you want assistance.

Your part numbers are no longer valid.

I gave you correct part number in an earlier post.

I'm in Oz. "Down under" as per my avatar.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom