Question Warped yoke A-clamp self repair?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
JimmyTG6

JimmyTG6

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

I have an apeks xtx yoke 1st stage that was recently damaged after getting struck by another cylinder on a boat while attached to my own cylinder. The A-clamp frame is now warped, which prevents proper pressurisation and so is unusable. The 1st stage itself is fine, but has anyone ever encountered a similar issue? Can a warped yoke clamp be fixed DIY, or would it be best to buy a conversion kit and just stick a new yoke or din on there? Cheers.

PXL_20240315_054017257.jpg
PXL_20240315_054026299.jpg

Well said. I think the part is toast for now. Can you suggest where I can find a replacement yoke clamp for $30 (I'm assuming USD)? Possibly without committing to a full replacement conversion kit? Apeks hasn't responded for several weeks...
I think the yoke is the same across most or all Apeks. ( @Colliam7 ?) (@buddhasummer ?)

…or if associated parts are damaged, the kit:

Also see
Edit: better copy: https://manilvabuceo.files.wordpress.com/2018/01/apeks-tx50-40-1st-stage-service-manual.pdf

simple question:

Are there other brand yokes that fit that retainer nut? The connection is pretty basic....

This is assuming the retainer "nut" isn't damaged too...
The dive shop I'm working at stocks scubapro MK2 1st stages, but the yoke clamp is a little small to be used as a substitute.

A few months ago I got a new Apeks yoke thru @buddhasummer. It was $43 AUS plus shipping. You will see in his Trader History that he's a great source (and guy).
Thank you for the kind words. A great source, yes, a great guy I don't know.

I think the yoke is the same across most or all Apeks. ( @Colliam7 ?) (@buddhasummer ?)

…or if associated parts are damaged, the kit:

Also see
Edit: better copy: https://manilvabuceo.files.wordpress.com/2018/01/apeks-tx50-40-1st-stage-service-manual.pdf
Yoke is the same on DS4/DST/UST/FSR on other variants some are satin or special edition.

You don't need kit, just yoke and inlet.

As I said DM me. I can get the parts you need.

(I haven't read whole thread properly)

IMG_5027.png

I'd be willing to bet the 041 connector is just fine.
Did exactly the same thing for a Hollis someone sent me, and only needed a new yoke.
I was thinking similarly.
And one step further - as long as the through-hole and inlet-hex recess dimensions are "dimensionally compatible", it really shouldn't matter what brand yoke it is functionally.

I'd be willing to bet the 041 connector is just fine.
Did exactly the same thing for a Hollis someone sent me, and only needed a new yoke.
My bad, im blind, i thought second photo was bent inlet, but now I see it's just a side on view of the yoke🤦‍♂️🙇

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom