Wastin' away in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haha. I won't be eating at Margaritaville in Cozumel. I can hit the one in Lansing, MI every night if I want.

harpua:
Haha. I won't be eating at Margaritaville in Cozumel. I can hit the one in Lansing, MI every night if I want.

Yeah but do you have the same view when you walk out the front door:D

parrotheaddiver:
Ever heard of a DeadHead...that is a person who follows and lives and breathes the Grateful Dead (Gordon are you out there).....so a Parrothead follows lives breathes the lifestye and all that is brought with it of Jimmy Buffett....I have been one for about 30yrs but I am in recovery now:wink:

I was out of pocket for a few days but I am back now. Personally, I'd much rather see a local establishment than a gringo chain in that location (as well as anywhere on Cozumel), even if it were slated to become "Jerry and Bob's" (Jerry Garcia and Bob Weir) or something. IMO, it's a sad state of affairs; I'll miss Acuario.

parrotheaddiver:
The people who go to Hard Rock and Carlos and Charlies etc.....are probably going to be the ones who go to Margaritaville....but that is ok keeps them out of the places I want to go:D

I remember when Carlos and Charlies use to be Carlos and Charlies and Jimmys kitchen they served the best ribs on the island in the 70's and 80's....but then they decided I guess, they could make more getting young gringo's drunk:eyebrow: anyone else remember that Gordon??

anyway Margaritaville is a state of mind for me :crafty:

The ribs went bye-bye when C&C moved. I used to go there once a week for my meat fix. Best ribs I've ever had in Mexico.

The point above is well taken. I LIKE the fact that they are creating a tourist ghetto for the Cruseros to go to. They don't like the native stuff, so let 'em go to a plastic city. They'll have fun and won't know any better.

As far as the loss of Acuario, I got a real weak meal the last time I was there, poor service and I had to straighten out the bill (guess that was dessert).

It was a great place once, I had some good times and meals there. But they kind of lost the vibe.

One thing about Margaritaville's. They are the kind of tourist trap I'd never go in. but they always have a great place across the street. It's like, let's put our place over there, we'll make money on the fallout.

squarepants:
What it a Parrot Head? :huh:

par*rot-head  [par-uht-hed] : One who listens to and enjoys the music of Jimmy Buffet which is very similar to the sensation of a parrot pooping on your head. Thus the term Parrothead.

:rofl3:

What genius decided it was a good idea to go to a paradise vacation spot and replace all the local flavor with the same garbage people get back home ?
Hey while they are at it why not tear down Carlos and Charlies and put in a TGI Fridays, and a Subway. There's something you don't get everyday.

dashmatrix:
What genius decided it was a good idea to go to a paradise vacation spot and replace all the local flavor with the same garbage people get back home ?
Hey while they are at it why not tear down Carlos and Charlies and put in a TGI Fridays, and a Subway. There's something you don't get everyday.

Hey genius...Cozumel already had a TGIFridays Wilma took care of it.. and the island has a Dominos pizza and a 7-11 ....and C&C is just another drunk tourist spot let the pod people have their places like someone else posted they eat on the ship they drink on the island...man lighten up...

nice touch on the definition of a parrothead...how old are you??? grow up :shakehead

I will seek out the local, non-cruise tourist spots anytime. You know, those places the cruise ships tell people it's dangerous to visit !!! Sit down, relax, cervasa or two....little or no music...just a sea breeze and salt air to breath...How about the East side?? This is said with a big sigh after a very hectic day of work on my birthday....ok...that's my second sigh and I'm about to cry now....time to plan that Coz trip !!!! Sue Sue

parrotheaddiver:
and the island has a Dominos pizza and a 7-11

Don't forget McDonald's and Pizza Hut...... I'm with you, let the cruise ships have a few spots, it keeps the crowds from the really good places to eat....

parrotheaddiver:
Hey genius...Cozumel already had a TGIFridays Wilma took care of it.. and the island has a Dominos pizza and a 7-11 ....and C&C is just another drunk tourist spot let the pod people have their places like someone else posted they eat on the ship they drink on the island...man lighten up...

nice touch on the definition of a parrothead...how old are you??? grow up :shakehead

nice.... me lighten up ?
:mooner:
Wow. Who didn't drink their Prozac Smoothie today ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom