Wastin' away in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dashmatrix:
par*rot-head  [par-uht-hed] : One who listens to and enjoys the music of Jimmy Buffet which is very similar to the sensation of a parrot pooping on your head. Thus the term Parrothead.

:rofl3:

I nearly choked on my salad on that one - LOL.

If Margaritaville is located where I think, its going to create one heck of a mess on Rafael Melgar - a minor version of the downtown congestion.

dashmatrix:
par*rot-head  [par-uht-hed] : One who listens to and enjoys the music of Jimmy Buffet which is very similar to the sensation of a parrot pooping on your head. Thus the term Parrothead.

:rofl3:

Tourist!:14:

I will be giving it a pass when I am in Coz. Even though I like JB I much prefer spending my money in the Mexican economy.

wedivebc:
I will be giving it a pass when I am in Coz. Even though I like JB I much prefer spending my money in the Mexican economy.

This is an interesting statement, and one I don't disagree with. However when someone builds a business in MX, they are helping the local economy. Margaritaville had to purchase or lease the land, they will pay taxes, they will pay for utilities, they will provide a lot more jobs vs. most smaller establishments, they will purchase supplies, and they will need to hire locals for everything from building the place, to staffing, and for maintenance, upkeep, landscaping, and garbage removal.

How is that not helping the local economy?

RonFrank:
This is an interesting statement, and one I don't disagree with. However when someone builds a business in MX, they are helping the local economy. Margaritaville had to purchase or lease the land, they will pay taxes, they will pay for utilities, they will provide a lot more jobs vs. most smaller establishments, they will purchase supplies, and they will need to hire locals for everything from building the place, to staffing, and for maintenance, upkeep, landscaping, and garbage removal.

How is that not helping the local economy?

WELL SAID Thank you

RonFrank:

True enough, but after those expenses the profits are going elsewhere. Personally, and speaking only for myself, I liked it better back when there were no US owned businesses on the island, but time and "progress" only move in one direction.

Yeah, I was a little saddened on my first trip to Cozumel a few years back when I saw McDonalds along with several other US eateries. I can only imagine how many people step off of the cruise ships and don't try the local cuisine because HEY! MCDONALDS! I know business is business, but I don't care much for seeing US influence everywhere I go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom