Watch Fans: Help me find my dream dive watch please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AmyJ:
range:
Just wondering about the titanium... sounds good I guess, but don't know much about it... why do people prefer or not prefer it??

I am looking for almost exactly the same thing... good thread... keep them coming! :wink:

From the website I linked:

"Titanium is the metal of choice for diver's equipment and all outdoor sports activities. It's stronger than stainless steel and 40% lighter. Titanium is hypoallergenic and especially resistant to sea corrosion. Plus titanium.... has a distinctive and rugged appearance."

hope this helps

Tavi:
From the website I linked:

"Titanium is the metal of choice for diver's equipment and all outdoor sports activities. It's stronger than stainless steel and 40% lighter. Titanium is hypoallergenic and especially resistant to sea corrosion. Plus titanium.... has a distinctive and rugged appearance."
Titanium is good, but it scratches easily, and nothing you can do about it. You can polish steel however. Titanium doesn't shine like steel, it looks dull. But it's a matter of taste. I prefer steel.

Are there any other women out there dismayed by the lack of good ladies diver watches? :frown: I keep finding ones I like, but they only come in Men's and are too big to wear for everyday!!! :redhot: It seems like many of the ones for women are just for being cute! I have been checking them out on this thread... really like the Citizen Aqualand Pro. Duplex (with the blue face)... but I can't find out how big it is....I'm sure it's huge... but would like to know just in case... :sigh_2:

Yes, I am frustrated by the selection of dive watches for women out there...it seems as you said they're either HUGE and impossible for a woman to wear on a daily basis or so small they look like toys and would be useless as a dive watch...

Anyone out there who works in the industry take note!

As you predicted, the Citizen duplex IS huge--4.7 cm to be exact, which is almost exactly 2 inches wide. Whoa!!! This link lists the measurements

http://www.watchzone.com/cgi-bin/wa...5205dc/Export/products/JP104009E?AID=10283359

Sorry, don't know much about watches so can't really offer much of a recommendation over these three, but they all look nice!

Anyway, in my searches I have noticed that it seems to be a choice between a more traditional watch that have a rotating bezel and is water resistant versus getting one that offer depth, temp, etc. I too want to stay with an analog watch, but like the added features. Unfortunately, it seems that watches that have the additional dive functions are also much larger. The only exception is the Citizen Promaster JP107458E, which as I posted before is only 3.0 CM (I provided link in previous post, but won't get you to the watch for some reason). I am looking for a smaller profile that would be more comfortable for everyday wear, but I suppose one trade off is the ability to read it while diving. Unfortunately, I am beginning to suffer from the effects of age on reading. So too small a watch, with the digital dive functions, might be impossible to read in the water or darker conditions?

Bill.

More info for you...
I'd pass on the Luminox, have heard people have had unpleasant warranty issues.
The little tritium tracer tubes used for lighting the hands & face are great though. They really throw off a LOT of light. Tritium has a half-life of about 12 years, so they'll keep glowing bright for a good 25 years before fading.
My kid has one; he had one of the tubes fall off the hands, the next year the critter stopped running alltogether.

I'd say still check out the St Moritz if you haven't already.
http://www.st-moritz.com/
http://www.taucheruhren.de/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom