Watch Fans: Help me find my dream dive watch please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luminox fits the bill

At you price point the St. Moritz would be one of the best choices , it of course is manufactured in Canada and you are in the heart of the watch industry. I think Seiko makes a watch in that price point also. An older style Tag 1000 would fit the bill if you could find one.

THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE WHO POSTED!!!

Thought I'd let you all know what I decided on in the end. It cost more than I initially wanted to pay (just under $400 US) but it has all the features I was looking for, I bought it from a Swiss watch shop so I know it's authentic and guaranteed, and it should last me for years.

I'm very happy with it!!!

Thanks again.

http://www.creativewatch.co.uk/sector-watches-snl650-2653650025-large.jpg

Polpessa:
I'm looking for a dive watch with ALL of the following features:

-Max price 250 US dollars
-Max diameter 38mm (1.5 inches) INCLUDING case
-Minimum diameter 33mm including case
-Minimum 200m water resist (yes, I want to dive with it!)
-Sapphire crystal (not sapphlex!)
-Stainless steel case, ss bracelet and uni-directional, s steel bezel (no coloured bezel pls)
-Analog, not digital
-Blue, Black, Silver, Grey or White face (anything but orange or yellow!)

Please, something easily available that I don't have to search on e-bay for weeks at a time in order to maybe find it. Quartz or Automatic I don't care.

Seems to me very hard to fill all these criteria! If you can help I'd be very grateful!

Thanks!

citizen eco-drive divers 200M

take a look at the "navy seal" watchs with the tritium illumination. there is one kind with ss body, bezel, screw down crown, and screw case. these come in two sizes and have a mineral crystal, but i dont know what. it is good to 200 m. pick your favorite face color. the tritium illumination is suprisingly bright.

Do not get the cheaper versions with a composit or plastic body and the back held on by 4 little screws. not really a dive watch

Thanks,
I also considered these watches but ended up not getting them because neither has a sapphire crystal. Mineral crystal is not the same as sapphire, it's not as hard.
Luminox does have a model that fit my criteria (with sapphire) but I didn't get it in the end because I wanted to buy from a local store rather than the internet and I couldn't find them here, and because aesthetically I don't like the look of the huge diameter bezel. But I was tempted by the famous luminosity...

Back
Top Bottom