Water beading/bubbling through high pressure hose - do i have a leak?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If there is no bubbles coming out of it your hose is fine. There is an outer shell on the HP hose and water in between the inner and outer shell gets squeezed out by water pressure

...can't say I've ever noticed that before on any of my reg sets.....ever. I know some HP hoses have those tiny 'holes' in them, but never spotted any water being squeezed out of them.....and I own a BUNCH of regs, across several different major brands.

Thinking it's normal to have bubbles.. beading along your HP hose..could get some diver in trouble..

Better safe than sorry....

Best regards to Ya..

...can't say I've ever noticed that before on any of my reg sets.....ever. I know some HP hoses have those tiny 'holes' in them, but never spotted any water being squeezed out of them.....and I own a BUNCH of regs, across several different major brands.

I have a number of hoses that do this but I rarely see it. I think the interval between dives needs to be just right.

Thinking it's normal to have bubbles.. beading along your HP hose..could get some diver in trouble..

Better safe than sorry....

Best regards to Ya..

"Bubbles" might be in the subject line but the OP described something different in the content of his message.

I think? that deterioration begins amongst the hose layers within the crimp, first stage end and air travels along the hose layers externally of the inner hose it should be travelling within and linear perforations are provided in some hose outer layers as an early leak detection system that is sometimes difficult to see unless diving on your back or someone else sees it through their bubbles and tells you? before the hose pops off and hits a fish. Buddy pairs should then for safety consist of at least one double hose diver.
Unpressurised soakers need not apply.

Back
Top Bottom