Water temp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love the tropics! I was at Kwajalein for two weeks (in the Marshal Islands) and wore a t-shirt and shorts. :cool2:

All this stuff is relative. In the winter I dive the Upper Keys where the surface temp is usually around 75 and the lowest bottom temp I've recorded was 63. I wear a 2mm shorty with no sleeves with a 2mm rash guard underneath and gloves. My toes got a little chilled because I can't stand booties but otherwise I was warm. Of course I am from Ohio and northerners' blood is like tomato soup in the winter. It takes a lot to get us cold. I'm usually in the back of the boat, soaking up the winter sun and wind while lots of the others are huddling under the boat's roof, shivering and wrapped up in towels. On one occasion the lady DM on the dive wore 15mm of neoprene and still was bichin about the cold. On another occasion the DM wore a snowmobile suit on the boat. I've seen several DMs and instructors who live down there wearing dry suits even in the summer because they are in the water so much they can't keep their core temp up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom