We Survived the Blue Hole of Death...a dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great picture Mat. You looked kind of tired in the picture Bill took.

I'm a little concerned though. Glenfwb hasn't posted yet. What did you guys do to scare him off?

SY has an ability... I don't know if its a special ability, or a 'special' abilty... No matter what, he can take a picture of me, and make me look stoned.

OK , now you have done it ...
WONDERFUL PICS BTW...

When I get done up in Rochester NY I am going to HAVE to come up there and see this Morrison ...
It looks just wonderful !!!

And the smiles on those divers faces ... wowza :D :D :D

Da Bean

kch and jean... seperated at birth?!

Jean, I keep offering, Morrison is great - comon over!

I have not been able to post yet because I haven't been able to get down from CLOUD NINE! What an awesome day we (I) had!! SeaYoda, MysteryDiveBuddy, and Suprbgman were all GREAT. I really appreciate the patience everyone had with the new guy. MysteryDiveBUddy was an awesome buddy for me on the first dive. I had rental gear and was diving with a wetsuit for the first time so my buoyancy left a lot to be desired on the first dive. MysteryDiveBuddy was so patient to swim around and wait patiently while I tried to get trimmed out! Thanks MysteryDiveBuddy....I hope you finally got warmed up.

Second Dive SeaYoda and I went out and I finally got some control with the new gear and was able to descend in to the "Blue Hole of Death". What an awesome thing to sit in the bottom of that hole and look up through clear water and see the cypress trees through the water. SeaYoda patiently took me around and helped me with trim etc. It was a great dive and I can't describe how beautiful Morrison Springs is.

Thanks again to everyone for their help today. More good news was when I got back in town my new dive gear had arrived so I immediately headed to my in-laws deep pool to try things out. I was in the water another couple of hours tonight working with my new BC.

So, I guess it is official...I've got the diving bug real bad. So, the only thing I have left to say is..............WHEN DO WE GO AGAIN????

GLENFWB:
So, I guess it is official...I've got the diving bug real bad. So, the only thing I have left to say is..............WHEN DO WE GO AGAIN????

yeah, well, I am glad to see you like MY BUDDY so much. next time you join US at a dive site, I just have this to say about you thinking you can go divin with my gal..........

do you want me to loan you guys my dive flag? :D

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention....SeaYoda and I had a great lunch at Sally's after we dove...I followed his advise and got the cheesburger and "special fries" and he is right...it is all good. We tried to stir some locals up today...but couldn't get anyone riled up....Oh well, maybe next time SeaYoda!

photohikedive:
yeah, well, I am glad to see you like MY BUDDY so much. next time you join US at a dive site, I just have this to say about you thinking you can go divin with my gal..........

do you want me to loan you guys my dive flag? :D

Well, all I can say is...."If you snooze...you loose!" :D But, I would be more then happy to join BOTH of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom