We Survived the Blue Hole of Death...a dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SuPrBuGmAn:
Actually, I had a real problem with dive reports being moved out of their proper forum elsewhere. NetDoc finally cleared up where they belonged, and the reports were moved back to the main forum, thankfully.

Pardon me, I beleive that was before my time here. The incidents that I am referring to
( the ones that Mike and Fred are NOT allowed to discuss in my presence because Freedom of Speech within 3" of me is null and void and the ones that got Fred in BIG TROUBLE for waking me up to tell me about a dream he had about his threads being moved then jumping out of bed and racing to the computer so he could fight with mods more then jumping on me and waking me up again to complain about said mods.......come on this is excessive and I am totally justified in making it a forbidden topic of discussion)
involved Mike and Fred and this is still my dive report not Mike's soapbox (if you want to discuss thread moving with the nice mod there is a PM button) and it isn't my fault CBulla wasn't paying attention and was confused about my sig., which I am still not changing :28:

ANYWAY: *extensive snickering at Fred for being tormented*
I am not the dive wench, I am the gear steward. If I want to have gear to dive and to go diving I wash the gear and put it away properly and pack it. It's not like I have anything better to do and it's better than getting to say Cypress and finding that Fred has forgotten a fin or something :lol:

This thread hasn't been a dive report since page 2, thats just how the internet works :p

Well I find the thread-moving thing being mentioned again and again and again offensive because:
a.) It is over and done and can be dealt with in PM
b.) It gives Mike something to do other than work
c.) I somewhat irrationally find it to be a threat to domestic harmony because it encourages Fred to act like an :mooner: yes he really needs to learn self control but people egging him on do not win points with me when I have to live with him and they don't

As far as I am concerned the "thread moving" stuff goes in whine and cheeze and if Mike comes in here and hops on his soap box again I'm gonna PM a mod and ask them to snip those posts and put them in whine and cheese, then I am going to kick Mike off his soap box, point, and laugh.

Suprbugman:
This thread hasn't been a dive report since page 2, thats just how the internet works :p

ha... so true! :rofl3:

As for MDB, I wasn't at work when the threads were moved. I was in Florida with you guys that week diving. :D I thought that SBM, Fred, myself were all OK with the threads being moved back and were continuing on with life. I really don't understand why you are still dwelling on it. :)

OK... playing a bit of catch up here. Soo.....

A brief synapsis is that there were threads moved that was thought to have been better left in the main forum. It appears to have been cleaned up, maybe. Bear in mind I was on a little sabbatical with very limited access during this time frame so a bit of this has been completely occluded from my radar screen. If it wasn't mission critical or directly pointed out to me I missed it! :D

Anyway, to look at some ideas and throw caution to the wind, I'm open to the suggestion of regional forums (Panhandle, Tampa, SE Florida, etc) within the Conch forum. I think the current T&M is a bit ambiguous since Tampa isn't Central FL, the Mouse House is central. Jax and Ocala are North, Panhandle is a whole different entity and SW and SE FL are unique as well. The Keys.. well, they are a different animal than all the above mentioned entities..

Of course, this creates many tiny groups that may just add to the already confusing structure of SB to the new user...

So those be the my thoughts says I, what are the thoughts inside your heads I ask of you. Shall we create a discussion in a new thread?

BTW - the long running threads are a royal PITA as they contain very little content pertinent to, well in SB's case, a dive and when they have dive info in them and show up in a search it sort of wastes a lot of time with the searcher to look through 1,2,3,4....7...10...23 pages and discover that the only real info was in page 1 and 2. Sometimes a page of significance buried in the bowels of the thread. Of course, I prefer chat rooms since I've been hosting them since the early 90's.

Why popcorn? AH! OK.. I should clarify something. The PITA is my opinion, but if it works for yawl and its not crashing the board, who am I to say it shouldn't exist. :)

Anyway, that was multiple thoughts in one post prior to eating lunch... The point of the post (so I thought in a clear as mud sort of way) was about the regional break outs and naming. If folks are happy with it I'll forget the idea all together. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom