Weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot:
I think this has been the wettest year for Hawaii at least in the last 30 years. I've lived on Maui for 11 years and in Hawaii for 27 Everyone I ask says the same thing - wettest year we can remember - sure makes it green though. Of course it's also the last time I can recall where there has not been a drought either lol. Plus our rain is nice and warm here. I enjoy watching people on rainy days in Lahaina, the local people are all smiles - tourists walking around with heads hung low - really funny actually the differences.
I know what you mean, when I first moved here I worked in the international market place and the tourists would say "Why does it have to rain during MY vacation?"

ScubaTexan:
Both. The lawns are all lush and green, but our streets are flooding frequently. I've had water in my den and back bedroom twice in the last three weeks. :frown:
Oh man that sucks....Hope it stops soon for ya.
I know before I moved here my SO had trouble in the appartment when it rained...everything would come back up the toilet :2tongue:

It has been unusually wet all year. It was (ok, I know I sound like I'm whining) miserably wet and cold all through February, March and April were not much better. May had a couple of really REALLY hot and sunny weeks - and now we're back to rainy days again. What can I say . . . I'm a true warm weather wimp. :wink:

Every time I've been at the North Shore this summer it's rained - and you know how strange that is. I'm hoping this weekend will be nice, but somehow I doubt it.

Even if you go to the "dry" side of the island it rains....Went to Ko'olina on Sunday and most of the time it was on and off rain .... The good thing though is no water shortage, :11: but that means I have to wash my car...

justleesa:
Does everybody else think that we are having a wet Summer?

Indeed! It's been the wettest spring/summer here in Kona in the last 4 years that we've
been here.

And the winter ... sheesh. Buncha boats up on the rocks this year.

Well we have your weather here in (Anchorage) Eagle River, Alaska. It has literally been clear for the past two weeks straight with some incredibly scary fire conditions happening in the interior of the state. My lawn is turning an unpleasant shade of yellow brown. The past two weeks have held several high temperature record breakers. We have had many hours of high 70's and 80's weather temps. Alaska is pretty arid anyway. I'll be in Maui in another week or so and look forward to the beautiful lush climate. I honestly don't care if it rains. I'm interested in sighting the creatures underwater. Ilook forward to many drysuit-free dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom