Weekend Offshore Report - Panama City

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You think a 12" grey concrete block would be easier to see than a reflective sign on a post that is sticking up 3+ off the bottom???

You face down in the sand looking for sand dollars or something??

;-)

Oh, I see what you are saying. You are wanting to put the block farther out in the sand from the jetties... Now I get it... It typically don't even mess with swimming out from the rocks to where I can't see them since there isn't anything to look at in the sand. That is why I wasn't understanding what you were talking about...

Got ya!

No, not out into the sand. Just to the bottom of the rocks. That way you have a line from the top of the rocks to the bottom, hit it at any depth & you know you're at the cut again.

Maybe we should have a dive outing there sometime and get the park in on it with interested parties to see what they can do. They did put up the bouy line in the pool, so they know at least some things need done. I wouldnt mind some sign on the rock also explaining to fisherman to yield to divers. I know they have their rights too, but we are at risk down there. Plus, we only dive it for a couple of hours, wheras they use it all day.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom