Weight belt idea - what am I missing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mako has a new weight belt that's designed for heavier weight totals. It's still rubber, but not as stretchy as the other one. I have my two 10 lb shaped weights on one, and I really love it. It still has enough stretch to compensate for depth, but it's not as soft as the older ones are.

Whether a 1lbs belt or 100lbs belt, I can tighten either without difficulty if I'm HORIZONTAL. :wink:
Also the belt doesn't stretch, it is your exposure suit that compresses with depth.

One thing you're missing is releasing slack when you're ascending. Nylon ratcheted down is going to need to be loosened unless you want to end the dive in a corsage.

This means your ratchet needs springs, small parts. Lots of metal integrated into moving parts costs money.
Not a huge market for a problem that doesn't really exist. There's already a solution to your problem that's completely free of charge.

And there's even a solution that costs money. It's called BC weight integration and rubber weightbelts.
I'm a fan of splitting the load.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom