Weight belt vs. Integrated weights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While almost everybody I see dives integrated, I now have a Mako rubber belt with Tinman weights, and I am totally sold. Sleek, comfortable, and will be, I expect, easy to dump if needed.

While almost everybody I see dives integrated, I now have a Mako rubber belt with Tinman weights, and I am totally sold. Sleek, comfortable, and will be, I expect, easy to dump if needed.

Great to hear you like our belt and weights! And, I hope it is OK to mention: If you ever have to ditch the belt and weights, I will replace them for free - per our emergency ditch/replacement policy.

Thanks
Dano

have been using a DUI weight harnes and like it. I think they all have their uses and as others have stated its what your comfy with. I do like having my weight distributed so I can remove a small amount if needed and not become overly boyant at depth, if I needed to remove a pound or two for some reason.

All you guys just gave a terrific idea.
I'm going to make me a backplate out of 1/2" solid stainless steel so I can do away with the Fn' weightbelt and the stupid integrated pockets completely. It will be the heaviest damn plate ever made for REAL men.
So there!!!

Seriously now, a steel tank, steel backplate, and the rest on a rubber freediving belt.

I struggled with getting to proper trim with integrated weights. No matter what arrangements of weights I tried, I was leg heavy. I considered a weight belt, but I truly could see how a weight belt would solve my issue. I wound up keeping the integrated weights, and shifted some weight further "north" by adding an ankle weight looped around the top of my tank. When I finally hit that sweet spot on balance and minimal weight, it...was...glorious.

I wound up keeping the integrated weights, and shifted some weight further "north" by adding an ankle weight looped around the top of my tank. When I finally hit that sweet spot on balance and minimal weight, it...was...glorious.

It's amazing what an ankle weight can do up on your tank valve, isn't it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom