Weight belt, wetsuit VS drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rimp

Contributor
Reaction score
I dive in cold BC Canada waters. When I dive with a wetsuit I wear 30 lbs.

I just purchased a Whites Aqua Pro shell suit Quadraflex (on order) and the dealer told me I would need MORE weights with it than with a 7mm wetsuit.

Even with the 32 oz fleece underwear, this seems backwards to me. Can anyone confirm that a drysuit requires more weight than a wetsuit?

I was looking forward to losing a few pounds of lead.. now i dunno what I need..

Rimp,
I wear a drysuit with 20# and BP/W. when wet in a 5mm i wear 9#. Your weight will depend on which underware and your BC even plays a part. Do you really need 30# with a wetsuit? My weight is in Fresh but with SaltH2O I add 8#. Your best bet is to get your weight right while doing your Drysuit Class. You are going to get DrySuit training aren't you?

chuckrt

also you should probably invest in a harness if you do not have one already.

So you add 8# for salt water? that brings you up to 28# for salt with your drysuit?

How much do you weigh?

I'm about 170 lbs.

Yes, I am signed up for AOW next week. I will get some additional training in dry.

Back
Top Bottom