weightbelt suspenders??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oly5050user:
"many divers do it so its alright??..

Maybe, maybe not, depends on your training I guess.

oly5050user:
..what do you say to the diver who is overweighted and jumps in with air turned off?? ??..

Well I would tell them to reach back and turn their air on. Or they could have their buddy do the same. Or they could still drop their weight belt. After they get back on the boat a discussion on being overweighted would be in order too.

oly5050user:
Or forgot to connect his power inflator and forgot how to inf bc orally?he sinks to the bottom , ??..

Well of course you could just reconnect the power inflator, and finish the dive. People who can not remember how to inflatate orally should take up an other sport. Pressing a button and blowing is not a hard concept.

oly5050user:
..the diver caught on surface ,in current,choppy seas?? ??..

The oral inflator would be the better option here.

Feelings about what is standard and safe may differ. I respect your opinion and certainly do not intend this to be a flame but there are other options.

I just picked up my new DUI W&T system yesterday. I chose the "classic" model due to more adjustability and pocket design though either one will work equally fine. I am excited to try it out but need to wait for the new Transpac/wing coming Friday. (I hope)

I have used the DUI weight system for a few years now and find it wonderful. The belt is not tight around your waist and you don't have to worry about finding it down round the knees. I started wearing it with dry suit but now use it with wetsuit too. The thing I like most is that I can slide the weights up and down on my body to get the trim that I want with any suit or system.

You won't be sorry that you went for the extra $$$

JKSteger:
Thanks,
I will forgoe the suspenders and pony up the $$$ for the DUI weight system.

Jeremy

I got the use the DUI weight system two years ago at a DUI DEMO it was great. I am glad someone added the link. I think I may buy one. CLay

Quick question that may be stupid, but I need to ask anyway as I'm new to the whole BP/Harness setup. If I go with the DUI Harness instead of a weight belt, do I put the DUI Harness on 1st underneath the BP/W harness?

Weight harness goes under. The weight pockets are the ditchable elements.

Pete

Just tested out DUI Weight System for first time last night. I had 20 pounds and barely knew it was there. Weight pockets removed easily. Be careful with two belt straps. If BC belt is under Weight system, the pockets may get tied up on them.

Once removed, the pockets are a pain in the butt to get back into the harness.

I love the system. Great for dry suit guys who have problems with weight belts that droop around the knees.

spectrum:
Weight harness goes under. The weight pockets are the ditchable elements.

Pete

Thanks Pete. I thought that was the case but wanted to make sure. Once I get all this gear purchased, didn't want to look like a dweeb the first time I gear up with it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom