Welcome to the new Red Sea Forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you mean Aqaba in Jordan then, as far as I know, it offers OK diving but not to be compared with Sinai (Dahab and Sharm). I don't have info about the Coral Bay Inn in particular.

Yes Dahab is very nice. To reach Dahab you'll have to either cross the borders at Taba and have like a 200 KM taxi/bus ride, or take the ferry directly from Aqaba to Nuweiba and have only 60 KM taxi ride down to Dahab.

Christina, take a look at the thread on this site (ScubaBoard) about Nuweiba that I started a few months ago, called "Isn't Nuweiba very under-rated for diving experience and value?" I think that there's a ferry you can take from Aqaba directly to Nuweiba. It's not as far as Dahab, is cheaper, and is a great diving spot.
Jim

Hello Asser,
I will be in Aqaba the end of Oct and might stay at the Coral Bay Inn. What do you think of the dive resort? Any other place you like? I've heard that Dahab is nice. How long does it take to get there and what are the taxes? Thanks, Christina

hey red sea fanatics,,,i have had the great pleasure of diving the beautiful underwater world of dahab,,for a few years now,,will be looking foward to reading all you expeirences ,,hopfully all good!:lotsalove:

thanks mania...! hoping to go there to dive and see so rocks organized in a triangular manner... :)

Hi all, my self and my dive buddy are going to go to Sharm el Sheikh in May 2010 for three weeks. We are staying at the Savoy Sharm. They have a dive shop there called Sheikh Coast on Wight Night Beach and do dives from there also. Does anyone know about them and if they are any good to use. It appears that most places you go with are all about the same price and give you the same things anyway.
Least ways i have looked at Camel and they appear to be the same price.
Whats it like diving there that time of year? Is it busy?

Hi guys, would just like to introduce my self here as well. I'm a Norwegian newbie diver, just finished my OW this year and went on my first diving trip to Nuweiba in June.

I'm going back for a combination of more diving in Nuweiba, some desert diving @ Ras Abu Galum and Ras Mamlah, Dahab and maybe Thistlegorm in mid september. I will have finished my AOW here in Norway by then.

I've lived several years in Egypt, speak the language and know my way around, but now I plan to get to know the country under water as well!

Hi All, we are looking at a live aboard for next spring. Everything I have read sounds very good. One person pops here and there saying the dive sites are full of garbage.

Is he full of garbage?

Temperature wise - is May flaming hot? We will want to hit Giza on our way home, but my wife wants the warmest water she can get (and she wont get it because I will die if its too hot...or is that the plan...bahaha).

It looks like the easiest way to get the travel visa is at the airport? We are not keen on mailing our passports anywhere.

Thanks

Hi All, we are looking at a live aboard for next spring. Everything I have read sounds very good. One person pops here and there saying the dive sites are full of garbage.

Is he full of garbage?

Temperature wise - is May flaming hot? We will want to hit Giza on our way home, but my wife wants the warmest water she can get (and she wont get it because I will die if its too hot...or is that the plan...bahaha).

It looks like the easiest way to get the travel visa is at the airport? We are not keen on mailing our passports anywhere.

Thanks
Full of garbage?!!!

May is not flaming hot.

Yes easiest way to get a visa on arrival.

Hi All,
PLanning a trip to Sharm on 1st week of Nov. just 4 days of diving. Planning to stay at Na'ama Bay. Would like to get tips on the ff:

Dive Op -
Hotel - 4 star Im at a budget
Weather
Wetsuit - 3 or 5mm
Restaurants
Bars

And any other tips and recommendation you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom