Well, it's time!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now all we need to do is create an Obese vs. Fit thread! (also ducks for cover)

hijack:
Bry.... i would LOVE to be able to join in the instructors thread about this! i took myself out of the water because i was afraid of so many things. ive lost 100lbs now and i have dived more in the past month than i have in the past 2 years

i was diving with a newbie big gal 2 weeks ago..... my old size i would guess and she was hauling tanks and asssss and was funny and happy and enjoyed the dive no end!

cheers and hijack off

Cool, I'm down 30 pounds since Christmas... I'm at 350 pounds right now, so have a ways to go!

woohooo to you too Bry!!

couldnt have been the tim tams that did it to you, could it :wink:

well you too,...... SB CHALLANGE every thursday, new thread

come on over and do a weekly update!!

cheers

Well NetDoc, and evyerone else who is interested... just a reminder that DEMA is now over and today is thursday (well for me it is)

so if your ready, come over and join the SB Fitness Challange!!!

So, NetDoc, a little over a month in and after Thanksgiving and heading into the year-ending holidays, how are you doing with the Mistress Of Torture? I'm looking for inspiration as I attempt (mostly unsuccessfully) to resist the empty-calorie temptations of the season.

No, I have not given up! I suffered a severe set back at DEMA. My torn Achilles tendon really got bad and I have had to "stop" to let it heal. Now it feels GREAT. So I have been walking (which is tough since I have have been nursing this injury for over 2 1/2 years) and yesterday I hit the gym with ChaCha. Today, I am feeling the work out just a bit, but not overly so! I weighed in at 312 pounds. I want to get down to 225. I think that is doable.

First off, when ChaCha smiles, you should get scared! :D The fun is about to begin. We did 30 assisted Pull ups and Dips. Leg curls and extends, did a rowing type thing with weight, pushed a TON of weight with my legs (like squats, but you are sitting) and did some more arms pulls (which reminded me of my canoing days).

Overhearing some of the other trainees in the room, I realised we were all being DUPED by our trainers. They simply refuse to count fairly. When they say "Gimme ten", they really mean 11. I call this phenomenon "ChaCha's 10". This is like taxing a tax if you will. You have your sights set on hitting a goal only to have someone move the goal a bit further away. Of course, she only chuckles when I point this out to her. Mistress ChaCha doesn't fool me one bit.

Meals yesterday: Breakfast: skipped (really)
Lunch: 1/2 cup of rice with a teaspoon of hazelnut syrup stirred in, and a single Chicken thigh (blackened... and I did a really good job on this).
Dinner : One slice of bread, a bit of a potato based appetizer, salad with light vinaigrette dressing, and a Greek dish of roasted lamb. Yum! I stopped after about 3/4 cup of the entre'.

Meals today
Breakfast: 1 cup of oatmeal, with a teaspoon of turbinago sugar and a dollop of raisins.
Lunch: I will be cooking the same as yesterday. Flavored rice & a blackened chicken thigh.
Snack: Pear
Dinner: leafy salad (spinach), broccoli, STEAK (yum). 9 orange live savers.

OK, yesterday I had a really brisk 1 1/2 mile walk but my calfs feel like they are locking up! I feel 50 years old at the moment! :D
Today's meals: Three eggs, one piece of toast.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom