Wendy's Ginnie Springs Encampment and Dive Party

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Before you guys choose a second site to dive on Sunday, I'd suggest checking with that site because I heard Blue Grotto had a bulkhead collapse a couple days ago and it will be closed for a little while.

Also, Devil's Den and Paradise were mentioned, both are good dives, although if I had to pick, I'd go to Paradise (but, I consider it more "overhead-like" than Ginnie, so that's something to take into account). But don't forget about the local state park springs, Troy Springs is relatively close to Ginnie and Manatee is about half an hour further away than Blue Grotto/Devil's Den and the entrance fee is only $5 instead of the typical ~$30 for commerical sites.

Ben

It looks like I will be able to attened friday and saturday. anyone up for a night dive if they let us. Oh and Wendy I will turn this thread over to you to collect all the credit lol. (hope it pours lmao) no really thanks for taking it over i work to much to try and do these kinda things i am just told where to be and i am there rain or shine. Wildbill what time saturday are you going to shoot for? and netdoc what time are yu and the ducks showing up??

8buck, I'm thinking we should get there around 8am. It's about a 4 hour trip. I have a spot reserved at the elec/water sites and had planned on bringing a pop-up camper, but seeing how we are only going to stay one night it's not worth the hassle. Plus it looks like most everyone is tenting and the elec/water sites don't appear to be located close to the tent sites. I may give up the elec/water sites to be nearer the springs and everyone else.

Whoever gets there first tell them that there is going to be a large group coming and we need to all be as close together.

See Ya' there,

Wildbill:cop:

Night dives are game at Ginnie, just make sure you wait until the office is closed :D

Seriously though, after office hours, there's no one there, so you're free to dive as much as you want.

Ben

Well, I'm a no go. The Army decided to spring a DEP function on me so I can't attend. Hopefully next time though. I really enjoyed the last dive and look forward to the next.

Since I plan on getting there on Friday night sometime, I called and they said, just to come in and set up camp and I can pay in the morning.

I plan on coming after work sometime, when is everyone else getting there? I don't want to set up camp and then have to move it to be closer to other board members that showed up before me and I didn't find them in time.

Is someone going to have a poster or flyer there
so people coming on Saturday can find
the Scubaboarders?

newbie-in-fl once bubbled...
Is someone going to have a poster or flyer there
so people coming on Saturday can find
the Scubaboarders?

I made a poster and I will be hanging it up on Saturday when I arrive.

Someone take a camera and post some pic. for everyone to see what we missed.

I will be moving all weekend.

Have fun and dive safe.

I'll be the one with the dive flag :D. Do we need flags for this? I haven't dove Genne before. Also, I'm guessing the water temp's gonna be 72?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom