West Beach Paddlewheeler 6-11-6 Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a 4-pack of red bull (with sugar) for the next time I come down to dive the Jetties/Whiskey/Paddlewheeler/Shrimpboat (no flag this time). I'll dangle them one at a time in front of you on the end of a pole spear.

philmottrek99and02:
Google helps with the memory!
billydeesign.jpg

Does anyone remember the Colt 45 commercial with the red bull crashing through the wall and Billy Dee Williams coming through the hole in the trench coat and scarf holding a Colt 45???

USCG flyer:
Does anyone remember the Colt 45 commercial with the red bull crashing through the wall and Billy Dee Williams coming through the hole in the trench coat and scarf holding a Colt 45???

I might have been around to plant the first tree after the earth cooled, but I AM NOT THAT OLD!

yeah yeah, I do recall

Can't tell you much about the paddlewheeler yet, really. We had OK visibility in the first 10' of water, but that only opened up the top 3-4' of the wreck to us into view. Everything under 10' had about 3" of visibility. Needless to say, there is still probably alot of wreck down there that I haven't seen and I dunno how its all layed out.

We'll have to get out there again in clearer water. We had great water conditions Saturday, but I was too busy diving the other other new wreck(Paul's shrimpboat), the jetties, and the Whiskey.

I'll be in LA, today and tomorrow. When I get back in town tomorrow, I'll be repacking and heading to TN until Sunday. So I won't be diving until next week some time. Kenny R says he might check out the paddlewheeler sometime this weekend, he's supposed to call me with a report if he goes...

With all the talk about malt beverages I thought this post from another thread is kind of relevant:

"Diving in Pensacola, Fl in the 70's. We were diving on the Russian Freighter. Lotsa snapper fishing lines from one of the boats moored there. If you're not familiar with snapper lines, they have lotsa hooks on them. Well, I took a couple of beers in cans down with me....I bend the tabs up.....attached them to hooks on one rig.....put the shaft of my pole spear in one hook.....swim like heck, pulling out the line.......when the fisherman starts reeling in.......I release the line......line, hooks, and beers all disappear topside!!! I wish I could have seen the look on that guys face as he reeled in a couple of ice cold beers. I cut my (and my buddy's) dive really short we laughed so hard."

Plus the testosterone is getting a little out of control over here. :blinking: :D

Back
Top Bottom